Vacancy for the Post: Translator (Teknaf Base)
Job description: Job Context
- About Terre des hommes:
- Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief.
- Tdh is working in Bangladesh since 1974, with operations in the north of the country (Kurigram district), in the Dhaka district, and in Cox Bazaar district. Tdh is implementing programs on Health, WASH, Access to Justice (social cohesion and conflict resolution), Migration, and Child protection, both in development and emergency context.
- Following the massive displacement of around 900,000 Rohingya people into Bangladesh, since the end of August 2017, Tdh is implementing an emergency response program to provide relief to the Rohingya refugees and host communities, notably on Child protection, WASH and Health. Tdh`s Child Protection (CP) program consists of three main components: Psychosocial Support (PSS) to children, adolescents, and caregivers; Case Management, including Alternative Care and Caring for Child Survivors, and Support to Community-based CP mechanisms.
- PURPOSE OF POST:
- Provide oral and/or written translation, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, respectful, objective, and fluent communication between TDH staff and the local population.
- MISSION AND PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES:
- Provide oral and/or written translation for the medical activity manager during all work related activities, including health education, counseling sessions, etc.
- Translate both ways (without interpretation) using a good command of medical (like mental health, TB, etc) terms.
- Assist the PHC Manager with organizational issues, staff meetings, meetings with the local community, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality
- To declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
- Help where assigned daily- OPD, Triage, etc with an explanation of care and medications
- B.Sc/BA/BBA or Graduation from any discipline
- Skills Required: MS Office
- At least 1 year(s)
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Good command in writing and verbally of the languages required (Chittagonian, English, etc.).
- Ability and willingness to develop knowledge in the appropriate medical field
- Able to operate on the computer with Word and Excel
- Culturally sensitive
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf)
Tk. 39750 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Health Cost Reimbursement
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 39750 per month
Location: Teknaf, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 00:54:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!