Vacancy for the Post: Technical Officer (Loom cum Branding Development Specialist)
Job description: Job Context
- Sheva Nari O Shishu Kallyan Kendra is a national NGO which works for the empowerment of women and other marginalized groups in Bangladesh. Sheva is implementing the Sustainable Enterprise Project (SEP) in partnership with Palli Karma Shahayak Foundation PKSF, funded by World Bank.
- Sheva Nari O Shishu Kallyan Kendra invites application for the posts mentioned bellow:
- Job Duration :1st July, 2021 to 30th June, 2023
- Generate new ideas for promotion of loom business and industry.
- Explore new designs and enhance traditional designs.
- Generate scope for diversification of Jamdani product.
- Will be responsible for Development of a Common Branding for the cluster (E-Platform, Website, Brand Promotion etc.) consultation with project management team.
- Develop relationships with different stakeholders including suppliers (thread, dying, chemical, machineries etc. Producer (weavers, thread processors, cloth processors, packaging factories etc.), sellers (retailers and whole sellers) buyers and different agencies for ensuring sustainability of loom sector.
- Leverage network and contacts to explore business, identifying target accounts and generate prospect funnel.
- Create a plan to address the above markets & execute on the plan to achieve business targets of weavers) under SEP.
- Manage the sales process for new business opportunities in the assigned geography.
- Take initiatives to strengthen people access to Finance for Environment friendly and resilient microenterprises.
- Organize workshop on increased bargaining power, knowledge sharing etc.and keep the records properly.
- Organize Training/orientation : Beneficiaries capacity building training on “product certification” and “Business certification” and “Enterprise development & management”
- Organize Workshop for linkage building on product certification access to common branding.
- Take initiatives to Increase Eco Labeling and Access to Premium Markets.
- Responsible for exporting Jamdani products into the global markets.
- Export/ organize fares, roodshows, exchange visits etc.
- Prepare relevant reports for organization and donor satisfaction.
- Textile Engineering/ MBA major in Marketing from any recognized university
- Note: Age and Educational qualification may be flexible in case of candidate with more experience related to the specific field.
- At least 10 year(s)
- Age at most 45 years
- Minimum 10 Years practical experience in enterprise development and branding development activities in any reputed organization or company.
- Proficiency in English both in written and verbal; Computer skill on Office application and graphics design; good communication skill using different channels both digital and analog; good interpersonal relationship skill etc.
Compensation & Other Benefits
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Narayanganj, Dhaka
Job date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 00:42:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!