Vacancy for the Post: Technical Officer – DRR
Job description: Job Context
- Duration of the contract: Contractual, upto December 2021 with possibility of extension
- Based in: Kutubdia Sadar under Cox`s Bazar District having frequent field visit to working areas of Kutubdia
- Reporting to: DRR Manager, American Red Cross
- Masters/ University Degree in Disaster Management/ Geography and Environment/ Earth and Environmental Science/ Geology/ Urban and Rural/ Regional Planning/ Development Studies/ Governance and Development Studies/ Development Studies from any recognized university/ institute.
- 2 to 3 year(s)
- Candidates having 2-3 years of experience in the field of Disaster Risk Management/Disaster Risk Reduction and candidate having research (in DRR/DRM) background is highly preferred.
- Understanding on DRR Projects Management Cycle in Bangladesh
- Working experience at coastal district/island areas
- Strong Coordination and Communication skill
- Academic background on DM/DRM
- Working experience in DM/DRM field
- Understanding on local dialect/Chittagonian dialect
- RCRC Movement background (Volunteer/NDRT/NDWRT/Staff)
- Background on DM/DRM research
- Program Budgeting and Financial understanding
- Training Facilitation/Module Development
- Understanding on Core humanitarian principles, standard, Emergency Management
- Experience in conducting sociological research/action research/DRR related research
- Understanding on national and international DM drivers (DM act, SOD), Institutional and Regulatory framework of DM in Bangladesh
- Motivation to stay and work at remote places/island areas
- Practical Efficiency on Microsoft package& RS/GIS/SPSS/STATA
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Festival Bonus
- Life & Medical Insurance
- Provident fund
- Medical reimbursement for staff and immediate family of up to 70000 BDT per annum.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 01:45:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!