Vacancy for the Post: Technical Advisor – DR TB & Urban TB
Company Name: Management Sciences for Health
Job description: OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES:
MTaPS has been providing technical support to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW) and its key directorates e.g. Directorate General of Health Systems (DGHS) and the Directorate General of Family Planning (DGFP) of Bangladesh for the strengthening of supply chain management systems required to manage health commodities. The scope of this work involves strengthening of procurement planning and management systems, logistics management information systems, warehousing and distribution capacity, as well as supporting the development of public sector capacity in supply chain management including capacity building of national indigenous institutions. Upon request from USAID/Bangladesh, the project will also provide technical support to the national TB program. The Technical Advisor – DR TB and Urban TB provides technical assistance to the National TB Program (NTP) of DGHS for strengthening pharmaceutical management under direct supervision and guidance of Senior Technical Advisor – TB in collaboration with NTP, WHO, ACTB, ICDDR,B and other key stakeholders.
1. Provide technical assistance to the National TB Program (NTP) under Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) to strengthen management information system for all aspects of TB control management especially effective functioning of e-TB Manager.
2. Maintain close liaison and coordination with Field level officials in the NTP, DGHS, and other key stakeholders e.g. WHO, ACTB, BRAC, DF including partner NGOs to ensure activities related to technical assistance are done with their active participation for building ownership.
3. Contribute in Design, implement and monitor capacity building activities with MOHFW and NTP/DGHS staff responsible for strengthening pharmaceutical management functions of the NTP.
4. Represent the program in your technical areas at various technical meetings with other cooperating agencies and participate in various working groups as required.
5. Closely work with Senior Technical Advisor – TB to perform assigned activities to contribute to effectively implement the technical work plan in a timely and technically sound manner, with other stakeholders and partners.
6. Provide all relevant information to the operation team, MSH to support technical activities.
7. Report regularly to the Senior Technical Advisor – TB on progress/results achieved in technical work plans, and resolve any challenges faced.
8. Provide mentorship and on the job training to national and field staff in-charge of TB control program.
9. Travel frequently in country, as per requirement.
10.Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Relevant Experience:
1. Advanced degree in public health, medicine, pharmacy, or related field.
2. Experience in providing technical assistance in public health program/projects especially Tuberculosis program implemented by international organizations.
3. Significant experience in public health with at least two years’ experience related to Tuberculosis program, preferably in work funded by USAID.
4. Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, culturally diverse environment.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, training.
experience, ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints.
6. Self-motivated, strong initiative.
7. Experience and ability working with senior government officials.
8. Experience with USAID and other donor agencies desirable.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
10. Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Microsoft Project a plus.
11. Ability to travel frequently in-country.
12. Willingness and ability to travel internationally, including to the US as needed.
- Knowledge of National TB Control Program, Bangladesh;
- Knowledge of TB recording and reporting;
- Knowledge of electronic TB recording & reporting like e-TB Manager;
- Knowledge of basic computer use;
- Knowledge of Data Management and Analysis;
- Must have Organizational and Financial Awareness;
- Able to Execute for Results;
- Should have Innovative thinking skill;
- Can Communicate Collaboratively;
- Able to Build Effective Teams;
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Job date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 00:52:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!