Vacancy for the Post: Team Leader – Workers Empowerment and Participation (WEP) Activity
Company Name: ME&A
Job description: Summary:
Workers’ Empowerment and Participation (WEP) Activity is a four-year, $4 million labor rights activity implemented by Solidarity Center (SC). The program aims to improve conditions for workers in two critically important employment sectors in Bangladesh: ready-made garments (RMG) and shrimp and fish processing (SFP). The program objective is to strengthen the capacity of independent trade unions, trade union federations, and worker community associations in the RMG and SFP sectors to collectively advocate for their rights and interests, and to enhance constructive participation towards improving industrial relations between workers and management.
The objective of this mid-term performance evaluation is to review the progress made toward achieving intended results/outcomes, identify any lessons learned, and recommend possible programmatic adaptations at the half-way point of WEP’s implementation. The findings of the evaluation report will be used to improve SC’s implementation of WEP activity by making appropriate adjustments to the activity and to inform future labor sector programming. Its primary audiences are USAID/Bangladesh’s Office of Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) and SC.
WEP Team Leader will be responsible for leading/managing all aspects of the mid-term performance evaluation, including, but not limited to, the following activities and deliverables:
- Literature Review
- Evaluation Team planning meetings
- Evaluation Design and Work Plan
- Evaluation Design Matrix and Data Collection instrument
- In-brief meeting with USAID
- Mid-term briefing and interim meetings with USAID (as required)
- Debriefing with USAID
- Debriefing with Partners
- Draft Evaluation Report
Final Report (due within two weeks after USAID provides comments on the draft report; total length, excluding references and annexes, should not exceed 30 pages.)
- An international Senior Evaluation Specialist with Ph. D. or equivalent degree and relevant experience in Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) sector.
- Knowledge on labor rights and experience in evaluating programs to promote improved compliance with international labor standards including freedom of association and collective bargaining, are required.
- At least 10 (ten) years of experience in conducting and managing complex evaluations is required.
- Experience in conducting other assessments of projects/programs/activities and designing evaluations on international level or in developing countries is required.
- Ability to produce high-quality evaluation reports in English is essential. The Team Leader will direct the team, finalize the evaluation design and methodology, coordinate activities, meetings, group discussions and the Key Informant Interviews, consolidate individual input from team members, coordinate the process of assembling the key findings, and develop appropriate recommendations.
- S/he also will lead in the preparation and presentation of key evaluation findings and recommendations to USAID/Bangladesh.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
Job date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:08:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!