Vacancy for the Post: Team Leader Assessment of the Labor Sector in Bangladesh
Company Name: ME&A
Job description: Summary:
The purpose of this labor sector assessment is to provide USAID/Bangladesh (also referred to as ‘the Mission’), its partners, and other stakeholders with a comprehensive appraisal of the ready-made garment (RMG) sector in Bangladesh and identify opportunities and challenges. The study will also help inform USAID/Bangladesh’s current activities as well as future strategy. This assessment will run from approx. June November 2021, and involve field work in Bangladesh during August and September 202.
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks; but also expand and refine key elements of this assessment, as needed and guided by USAID/Bangladesh. * Inception Report: Provide a detailed work plan, timeline, list of key informants, and desk research sources.
- Conduct desk research and consultation sessions with key informants.
- Conduct consultation sessions with key trade union confederations, trade union federations, government officials, labor leaders, activists, civil society, the International Labor Organization, and donor organizations.
- Conduct consultations sessions/focus groups discussions sessions with representative segments of the RMG sector workers, unions, employers, brands, and development partners in Bangladesh.
- Conduct comparative analysis by comparing Bangladesh to countries of similar political, economic, and social characteristics in collaboration with USAID/Bangladesh, apparel manufacturers, and sourcing companies, so we could understand where Bangladesh is now and its possible future trajectory.
- Preliminary findings reporting: provide a PowerPoint presentation of preliminary findings and recommendations and present to USAID/ Bangladesh.
- Draft the Bangladesh RMG Labor Sector Assessment report.
- Incorporate feedback received.
- Submit the Final Bangladesh RMG Labor Sector Assessment report.
Labor rights expert with relevant international experience in labor issues or leading labor sector assessments, and with relevant expertise in assessment methodology. Postgraduate degree or Ph.D. in social studies required.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
Job date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:38:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!