Vacancy for the Post: Surveillance Data Assistant
Job description: Job Context
- Currently Bangladesh Red Crescent Society is looking for a suitable Bangladeshi national for the following position under Population Movement Operation (PMO), Cox`s Bazar:
- Duration of contract : July-October 2021
- Organizational Unit : PMO, BDRCS
- Report to : Health & PSS Manager, PMO, BDRCS
- Duty station : PMO, BDRCS, Cox`s Bazar
- Under the direct supervision of Health and Psychosocial Manager of Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) in Population Movement Office in Cox’s Bazar, and in close collaboration and coordination with the Canadian Red Cross Health Manager, the incumbent will
- Assist the BDRCS in existing health database management to monitor community-based surveillance project implementation.
- Ensure inputting of accurate and consistent data that are received from community levels into a google map/relevant map.
- Assist the BDRCS in EWARS, and other relevant surveillance data entry and analysis.
- Perform basic data analysis and produce reports in various formats including graphs, charts, etc. as required as well as disseminate the data reports in consultation with Health and PSS manager and CRC Health Manager.
- Provide additional updates and data analysis as required.
- Train health staff at BDRCS levels on the use of the database as required
- Conduct field visits to the selected camps/laboratory/offices to provide support in data entry areas.
- Undertake any other duties/responsibilities as assigned by supervisor as required.
- Coordinate with external/ internal partners on data related issue on need basis.
- A first degree in any field although degree in health/community health is preferred
- Functional Knowledge and Skills: Understanding of data entry, data analysis and producing reports
- Desirable: Training on data management
- Essential: At least a year of professional work experience in the data entry and analysis
- Desirable: Experience working in the INGO or UN organizations.
- Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and native language skills in Bangla
- Other Skills: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Advanced user level excel skills required).
- BDT35,000/= (Consolidated)
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 01:11:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!