Vacancy for the Post: Staff Lawyer
Job description: Job Context
- BLAST is a leading national legal aid and human rights organisation in Bangladesh providing legal advice, mediation, and litigation services, and undertaking advocacy to ensure the rights of women, men and children living in poverty or facing discrimination/social exclusion throughout the country. BLAST works through its Head Office in Dhaka and several District-level Offices with a network of panel lawyers and partner organisations.
- Position Description: It is a mid-level position based at Patuakhali Unit Office located in Patuakhali District. The Staff Lawyer is responsible for planning and overseeing day-to-day implementation of legal support activities, supervising staff and maintaining communication with focal points regarding legal services, awareness, advocacy, training and M&E to ensure smooth and timely completion of BLAST legal activities. The Staff Lawyer is required to ensure justice and Awareness on legal rights, women, men and children living in poverty or disadvantage or in marginalized communities, and to attain and uphold their human rights through legal aid including advice, awareness raising, mediation and litigation as needed, including necessary follow up
- Have knowledge about different sector of law especially in family laws, domestic violence, violence against women and children.
- Have ability to work independently in a pro bono service manner
- Interview clients and record their application.
- Check and maintain files, registers and case diary regularly.
- Scrutinize the case paper and analyse the merit of the case in accordance with the BLAST Litigation Policy.
- Conduct mediation in accordance with the BLAST Mediation Guideline, as and when necessary.
- Maintain regular contact with clients/beneficiaries.
- Conduct litigation on behalf of BLAST following BLAST Litigation Policy.
- Appear before the court as required.
- Issue letters regarding the cases to the Panel Lawyers.
- Assist the Panel Lawyer while the case hearing, if required.
- Maintain records of engaged Panel Lawyers.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/half yearly/yearly legal statements/reports regarding applications received, advice, mediation, litigation, referral, case studies and others relevant as required.
- Daily update the Case Management System (CMS).
- Conduct/organize/attend meetings, workshops, seminars and training courses.
- Perform all other duties as and when required by the authority.
- Minimum LLB degree from any reputed institution with at least five years of experience.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age below 35 years
- Enrolled with Bangladesh Bar Council as an Advocate including at least 5 years’ practical experience in Patuakhali District and Sessions Judge Courts.
- Commitment to handle BLAST’s cases
- Sound managerial skill
- Hard working, proactive and ability to work in team under pressure
- Good writing, speaking and research skills both in Bangla and English
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proportionate with experience and BLAST`s salary scale
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Two festival bonuses equivalent to one month’s basic salary payable after successful completion of 6 months’ probation period
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Patuakhali, Barisal
Job date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 23:24:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!