Vacancy for the Post: Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Associate Director
Company Name: FHI 360
Job description: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Associate Director for an anticipated five-year USAID Bangladesh Community Nutrition and Health Activity. The activity will aim to improve nutritional status of women and children less than five years old, with a focus on the 1,000 days, by achieving the following results: 1) Increased Quality of Community-based Nutrition and Health Services; 2) Improved household (HH) nutrition and health behaviors; and 3) Enhanced leadership and governance for improved nutrition. The Activity also seeks to improve communities’ resilience to shocks as a cross-cutting outcome.
The Social Behavior Change Communication – Associate Director will provide technical and scientific leadership in designing, implementing and evaluating the project’s Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) strategy. S/he will support the Technical Director as the Result Area 2 Lead and oversee a team of SBC officers in providing technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence-based SBCC methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. The SBCC Associate will build SBCC capacity in country-level, government, partners, civil society and project / program staff; assess current SBCC technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, or global levels as appropriate and provide guidance to ensure that SBCC program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound.
The position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Provide technical leadership in the design, development, execution and evaluation of an SBCC strategy, ensuring the project’s activities use a systematic planning process that is evidence-based and reinforced through a coordinated, shared vision among partners, key stakeholders, and the Government of Bangladesh to improve household nutrition and health behaviors.
- Lead development and preparation of annual workplans for the demand creation and social mobilization component of the project
- Oversee planning and implementation of specific SBCC activities
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: * Advanced degree in behavior change communication, social marketing, behavioral economics, mass communication, public health or field related to SBCC
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in management of and technical direction to social marketing, communication or SBCC projects and/or programs preferably related to improving household nutrition and health, increasing demand for family planning services, promoting WASH or related development areas
- Experience in preparing scopes of work and managing creative, media and research agencies, and consultants
- Experience in community mobilization techniques to ensure sustainable household behavior change
- Experience planning, implementing and monitoring social media-based communication strategies
- Knowledge and experience in planning and conducting consumer and/or evaluation research studies and message/materials pretesting
- Knowledge and experience in planning and managing capacity building programs e.g. developing training modules or tools, planning and managing training activities
- Flexibility and ability to adapt implementation based on data or information from monitoring of activities
- Thought leadership in SBCC and demonstrated experience in advancing the field.
- Experience supporting knowledge management and corporate communications an advantage
- Experience with working in USAID projects an advantage
- Experience working in Bangladesh with knowledge of the public health sector, culture and context
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English; fluency in Bengali required.
- Supervise, monitor and mentor the regional and field level sbcc staff
- Manage selection, technical guidance and monitoring of external agencies for creative design, production, ad buys/media placement, and research/media monitoring
- Work with the Sbcc team to create community involvement which normalizes the household behavior change to ensure sustainability of those practices
- Work with the project’s M&E Specialist to track whether targeted and tailored SBC activities that reach households and communities are contributing to the project’s intended health and nutrition indicators
- Oversee planning and implementation of relevant formative and evaluation research studies
- Oversee preparation and quality of required donor reports, quarterly and annual project reports, activity reports, research reports and other related documentation related to sbcc
- Provide global scientific and thought leadership by staying current of evolving SBCC technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise.
- Responsible for sharing new knowledge and best practices in SBCC and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in local, regional and global partner and technical networks, scientific forums and other knowledge-sharing platforms.
- Ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Job date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 03:36:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!