Vacancy for the Post: Shelter Officer (Distribution) (Re-advertisement)
Company Name: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
Under the supervision of Shelter & Infrastructure Team Leader (Distribution), Shelter & Infrastructure Officer (Distribution) support implements the routine and daily administration of the emergency distribution activities of the Shelter department at the field-level (Kutupalong and Balokhali refugee camps), including the supervision and monitoring of the beneficiary distribution team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in implementation of the project.
- Support in the smooth reception and oversight of materials to the sites of distribution.
- Work in collaboration with logistic team (RO, BIN card, Material received from supplier).
- Daily update and management of data-gathering and tracking tools used to monitor the project.
- Assist, and where necessary lead, community focus group discussions pertaining to the project in partnership and/or consultation with the Community Engagement team.
- Work in collaboration with IM (CFW attendance, Payment).
- Committed to achieve the indicators mentioned in Project Proposal Approval.
- Daily supervision and management of the project assistants and distribution kiosk locations.
- Implement the distribution of vouchers to the beneficiaries, and with the Project Manager design and administer the monitoring of voucher distribution.
- Support the registration of project participants.
- Support in resolving any emerging problems and issues on field.
- Implement the supervise, monitor and capacity build the Cash and Vouchers team in partnership with the line manager.
- Strong adherence to safety and security protocols always, and along with COC- dedication to reporting suspected contraventions.
- Ensure DRC Code of Conduct is understood, acknowledged in writing, and followed by the project staff and all volunteer labor, and infractions are reported in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Any other duties assigned by line manager.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- 2 years’ working experience in supply chain related activities.
- At least 1 year experience on distribution of supplies specially NFI, shelter and WASH program related materials in community level is preferred. Having experience in CFRM and /or CWC mechanism is an added advantage.
- Ideal candidate should have strong communication skill preferable with government entities, community leaders and other relevant organizations.
- Experience on conduction of training, workshop, FGD and semi-structured interviewing is required.
- Experience of working on projects funded by UNHCR, IOM, UNICEF, ECHO is an advantage.
- Problem solver and results oriented.
- Experience with digital data gathering platforms and tools (such as Kobo), including design of formats, and evaluation of data.
- Experience in cash-voucher programming is an advantage.
- Experience in administration is an advantage.
- Commitment to DRC’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting gender equity and ensuring vulnerable people’s needs are met.
- Must be willing to work during Fridays and Holidays if requested.
- University degree in BA, BBA, Statistics, or other relevant area.
- English (required – fluent in speaking, reading, and writing)
- Chittagonian (required)
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 4th July 2021 (23:59 CPH Time)
WHAT WE OFFER * Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Two bonus per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefits
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: .
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organization never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 02:46:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!