Vacancy for the Post: Senior Grants Manager
Company Name: International Rescue Committee
Job description: Job Title:
Senior Manager Grants
IRC-Bangladesh, Cox’s Bazar
Founded in 1933, International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading agencies working in post-conflict and development contexts, supporting communities in over 40 fragile, failed and developing states. In this capacity, we work to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted, struggling to endure and wishing to advance on a path of development.
IRC has been present in Bangladesh since 2017 and obtained registration with the NGOAB in March 2018. Since IRC obtained registration in March 2018, it has moved quickly to expand its integrated emergency health and protection response through both direct and partner-based programming focused on primary healthcare, women’s protection and empowerment, sexual and reproductive health, gender-based violence and child protection. Through 2018, the IRC’s response strategy will primarily target Rohingya refugees in Cox’s Bazar, while meeting the significant needs in both refugee and host populations, as already existing vulnerabilities are compounded with cyclical monsoon and cyclone seasons that impose additional threats to the lives and protection of those refugees as well as vulnerable host populations. IRC is growing its programming to cover education and livelihoods/DRR, as well as its geographic foot print in the host community and to other parts of the country.
Purpose of the Role
The position will work under the direct supervision of Grants Coordinator and will undertake grant management responsibilities especially focused on Pre award functions and revisions of existing grants(NC/Amendments) for the country program by closely working with different functions including Sr. Coordinator Grants Partnerships and Accountability (Sr. Co GPA), Sr. Program Coordinator(s), M&E Coordinator, Partnerships Coordinator, Technical Coordinator(s), Supply Chain, HR, Operations and Finance colleagues.
Highlights of Key Responsibilities
· Support the Grants Coordinator in coordinating concept note and proposal development jointly with the program, operations, finance and other teams as relevant.
· Develop clear proposal development timeline, provide early notification to relevant Regional and HQ colleagues about the timeline; regular follow up with the relevant teams to ensure deliverables.
· Maintain an efficient system for proposal development including clear responsibilities outlined for management, programs, finance and operations departments – that yields timely, high quality submissions.
· Support the Grants Coordinator in organizing program design workshops for all new business development opportunities.
· Jointly with the Grants Coordinator, support on the drafting new proposals and concept notes which are consistent, high-quality, competitive, and aligned with donor’s requirements and regulations.
· Coordinate with Sr. Co GPA, M&E Coordinator, Partnerships Coordinator and Technical Coordinators in ensuring that, project design adheres to IRC’s internal M&E and Technical standards and has consistency in terms of technical design.
· Coordinate with Finance team to ensure that, internal budget templates are developed and shared with the team on time; ensure that the budget is reviewed by relevant country functions before ensuring in-country and HQ sign-off.
· Develop briefing paper for donor visits and coordinate external visits which are relevant for business development.
· Support in management of grants/awards including report drafting/ compiling, addressing queries from donor, develop ad hoc reports/ Sitreps, develop amendment/ justification notes for donors etc.
· Take part in community needs assessment as part of concept note and business development initiatives.
· Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as PCM, BvAs, and OTIS (Award Management system) to ensure accurate tracking of opportunities and grants reporting.
· Record keeping: maintain hard and soft grant files of the grant portfolio; distribute and share documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget etc.) to relevant staff as appropriate.
· Provide technical mentorship on IRC and donor regulations to ensure compliance within operations, program implementation and reporting. Raise compliance issues dedicatedly with program staff and operations team.
· Provide training and mentoring to program, operations and M&E staff on compliance with donor regulations to ensure high quality implementation.
· Coordinate award modification documents in coordination with relevant program and finance teams.
· Deputize for Senior Grants Manager (Post award management) and Grants Coordinator in their absence.
· Perform other duties as required of the grants team.
· At least 6 years of total work experience with minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience, especially in Business Development/ Grants Coordination; humanitarian; and/or in development sector.
Competencies: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Competency in MS Office Package
· Ability to work under pressure while maintaining quality and ensure deliverables on time
· High level of proficiency in English
Specific Educational Qualification
· Master’s degree in relevant discipline
Professional Degree/ Certification
Standard of Professional Conduct
IRC and IRC employees are required to abide by the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct which are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Are you ready to join the most dynamic team?
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 22:02:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!