Vacancy for the Post: Senior Accounts Officer
Job description: Job Context
- Project : JiVitA Project, funded by Johns Hopkins University, USA.
- Unit : Finance
- Types of contract : Contractual
- Duration : Up to 30 June 2022
- Project Summary : The JiVitA Project operates under the terms and conditions of a large global research activity of the Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University. Baltimore MD, USA and is being implemented by the Johns Hopkins University Bangladesh (JHU-B), and International NGO registered under the NGO-Affairs Bureau.
- Job Summary :
- The position is to support the management of the finances for the JiVitA Project. It will involve drawing up budgets and reporting to JHU against the projects. It will also involve supporting the manager in developing the draft budgets for funding applications. The position will include, but is not limited to:
- Prepare documents to process payment in compliance with JiVitA Policies, contractual obligation, Country Law etc. and by ensuring Account Code and Analysis Code;
- Record all income and expenditure in the QUICK BOOKS Accounting System;
- Comply with country law on the subject of Tax, VAT deduction and work with JiVitA Finance Unit to deposit the same;
- Financial Report preparation for JHU finance team and Principle Investigator Team, management of JiVitA, NGO Affairs Bureau and other stakeholders;
- Create and maintain budgets with the manager; process income and out goings in an effective and efficient manner
- Provide necessary support to the executive manager and project staff;
- Process Travel Authorization documents, Float/Advance against approved travel working with JiVitA Administration Unit;
- Prepare FD7, FD6, FD2 and ensure timely submission to the NGO Affairs Bureau;
- Prepare Financial statements of the Project and facilitate statutory and Donors` Audit in coordination with JiVitA Finance;
- Relationships: The Officer – Finance will directly to the Executive Manager – Operations / JHU Finance team on the technical support on financial processes, Audit, JiVitA and Government compliance etc. S/He must be able to communicate with other teams and units both programme and operational.
- Process Payment by ensuring compliance with JiVitA /JHU Policy, Statutory compliance and record in the system:
- Check and process all payments requests of Vendor, Third Party and Staff in line with JiVitA, Donor policy, NGO Affairs Bureau and GOB policies and procedure county law;
- Submit processed payment requests in to the treasury and follow-up for timely payment;
- Process Travel authorization and /Staff Float/Advance request and arrange disbursement of the same;
- Process income from external and internal parties through checking all relevant authorities; process expenditure in a timely manner and ensure payments are made efficiently Data Entry and Financial Report Preparation
- Entry financial information in the QUICK BOOKS Accounting Software through JHU System by ensuring appropriate analysis code, ensure availability of all supporting documents, prepare vouchers (Payment Voucher & Journal Voucher) and handover payment request to the JiVitA Finance Unit to prepare cheque/Account Transfer-as applicable;
- Prepare Burn Rate and Budget Variance Report for the project management;
- Generate financial reports from the system and analyze for the Project Management, JHU Investigator, JiVitA Management- as needed;
- Grants Management:
- Develop and amend donor budget as per the guidance of Project Management team;
- Review and revise grant budget in consultation with Investigator.
- Ensure timely posting of grant income and expenditure in the QUICK BOOKS accounting system.
- Ensure compliance with the donor’s financial frame work, JHU grant management policy.
- TAX & VAT deduction, Payments, Audit:
- Ensure statutory compliance regarding TDS and VDS from various bill as applicable rate and record it in the QUICK BOOKS System;
- Work with JiVitA Finance Unit on preparation of Vendor wise VAT/ TDS calculation sheet;
- Maintain petty cash by following Imprest System;
- Maintain all payment documents;
- Prepare financial statements for Audit and facilitate statutory and Donors’ Audit in coordination with JiVitA Finance Unit;
- Process of National and International Travel Advance:
- Prepare documents of Float/Advance against national and international travel within requested time by ensuring required approvals from JHU;
- Adjustment of national and international travel advance with proper documents and records;
- Post-Graduation or equivalent degree in Finance or Accounting, CA, CA (Inter) or Chartered Accountant partly completed is preferred
- At least 3 year(s)
- At least 3 years relevant experience in national or International Development Organization
- Technical Skills:
- Training on financial management
- Sound financial management knowledge and skill
- Sound knowledge on statutory and Donors’ compliance issues
- Ability to design and manage multiple budgets according to donor requirements
- Experience managing staff would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge on Tax, VAT law and NGO Affairs Bureau requirements and procedures
- Excellent proficiency in English and Bangla is required for the position, reading, writing and speaking;
- Microsoft office software including proficiency in excel
- Work experience in accounting software,
- Accounting software knowledge is required, experience on QUICK BOOKS and Vision software is preferred
- Well-experienced in International Accounting Standards (IAS), Bangladesh Accounting Standards (BAS) and Bangladesh Financial Reporting Standards (BFRS).
- Desirable: Team work and ability to work effectively and respectfully with team members
- Presentation skill is desirable
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Negotiable with monthly Gross Salary with other admissible benefits such as Festival bonus and Gratuity.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 01:44:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!