Vacancy for the Post: Risk Manager, SME-M Credit Risk
Job description: Job Context
This role is primarily responsible for Credit Risk Management for SME Medium relationships under his/her portfolio. S/He is accountable for delivering independent, impartial appraisal and making recommendation of credit applications submitted by the SME-M Banking Division of CBL while ensuring all the credit activities in his/her portfolio are conducted within the purview of Bank`s credit policies and rules and regulations of the Central Bank of Bangladesh. In addition, this role is also responsible for liaising with various cross-functional departments of the Bank and act as a Point of Contact for statutory affairs.
- Credit Appraisal: Evaluate credit proposals (Credit Risk Analysis, Business/Industry/Market Analysis, Historical Financial Analysis, Projected Financial Analysis, Technical Analysis, Systematic Risk Analysis, Environmental Risk Analysis, etc.) from both micro and macro-economic point of view. Preparation of detailed Credit Memorandum with recommendation based on the credit appraisal outcome and submission with proper loan structuring, business & financial analysis and risk mitigations for further approval by delegated authority. Brief Unit Head (Mandatory)/Head of SME Credit Risk/HoCRM/CRO/MD (if required) on credit proposals and risks/benefit for the Bank before approval of the same.
- Credit Structuring: Initiate initial negotiation of credit proposals with counterpart. Structure credit matching with client’s business nature/need, capacity to serve the debt and assessment of risk associated with lending. Ensure credit structuring in line with bank’s credit policy, business policy documents and regulations in force.
- Risk Mitigation: Exercise all required due diligence to prepare the credit proposal and present the same before appropriate approval authority. Identify risk issues involved in any of the lending proposals of the Bank under SME-M portfolio. Devise mitigations, wherever applicable and required, of credit risk issues. Design the security, collateral, covenants, terms and conditions of the lending in order to protect the Bank from undesired outcomes. Negotiate at different stages with different stakeholders for feasible and best possible combination of security packages against credit facility.
- Monitor & Follow Up: Monitoring to reduce Past Due (PD), Special Mention Account (SMA), potential SMA / classification, deteriorating accounts, sales routine compliance etc.; Coordinate with concerned counterpart to implement Non-Performing Loan Management Strategy as set by the Management Committee; • Review of Drawing Power (DP), Stock Inspection Report, repayment performance; Identify and follow up on additional covenants resulting from unsatisfactory transaction nature, arising out from any unforeseen risk, even before the next review date. Follow up on adjustment/repayment of debts as per approval condition; Escalate reports on deteriorated relationships with detail information to senior level for recovery measures; Ensure Early Alert reporting through identification of deteriorating sign at the initial stage.
- Portfolio Quality: Maintain portfolio which include medium ticket size clients with few complex limit structure. Flag portfolio related issues and inform the Management via line manager on possible risks and possible contingent measures; Identify probable delinquent account by observing the irregularity in repayment and instruct Relationship Team for taking proactive measures to ensure due repayment in timely manner. Facilitate decision on legal steps against delinquent borrowers to expedite loan recovery. Regular visits directly to Customers for better assessment of the clients and to fix/help approver to fix appropriate strategies.
- Impact on Revenue: Managing assigned portfolio by assisting in healthy credit growth through registering customized solution at different credit scenario to maintain consistently conservative yet commercially driven credit culture. Execute portfolio management strategy & also ensure initiating mitigation strategies; Execute management of Non-Performing Loan (NPLs) and impairment of provisions through timely escalation of probable NPL.
- Policy & Compliance: Understand business, industry and market dynamics and ensure financing/facility need are properly structured in line with bank’s credit policy, business policy documents and regulations in force; Monitor compliance of all credit proposals under assigned portfolio; Comply with Service Partner Agreement with SME-M business.
- Policy Review/Formulation: Ensure completion of any department related projects effectively & efficiently. Regular review of the existing policies of the Bank to identify scope for policy improvement and assist in developing formulation of new policies.
- Operation/Process: Maintenance of own portfolio MIS and appropriate use of Loan Proposal Tracking System (LPTS) through making timely entry in LPTS with & proper update. Updating & proper management of credit files under his/her portfolio.
- Statutory Audit Management: Provide the data as per requirement of auditors and resolve their queries with respect to the sample data for internal and external Auditors regarding credit files under SME-M.
- Co-ordination: Coordinate with risk managers of assigned Hub to ensure timely submission and approval of credit proposals from Hub. Act as a Point of Contact for cross-functional and cross-sectional collaboration among various Division and Teams of the Bank.
- Work at office
- Minimum 4 years of graduation from any UGC approved reputed university.
- At least 4 year(s)
- Min 4 years of work-experience in a bank/financial institution in the field of credit risk management or relationship management.
Bogura, Chattogram, Dhaka, Narayanganj
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Dhaka – Narayanganj, Dhaka
Job date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 05:58:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!