Vacancy for the Post: Research Fellow
Job description: Job Context
- Consumers Association of Bangladesh (CAB), a non-govt. non-political and non-profit voluntary consumer organization was founded in 1978. Primarily started as a social group to protect consumers from commodity adulteration and artificial price-hike it has gradually widened its scope to establish and safeguard consumers` rights and interests in social, economic, health and environmental issues.
- Currently CAB is seeking applications for a project titled `Mobilization and strengthens civil society organization (CSOs) for building an efficient green society through improving policies and practices-TARA project` funded by ActionAid Bangladesh. The objectives of the project are to develop alternative national energy transition policy to build energy sector just green and sustainable through consultation with relevant stakeholders including media reports and responses of concerned government authorities and to review the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission Act 2003 for making it more effective, pro-people and green through mobilizing civil society opinion and engaging and other concerned government authorities.
- CAB invites applications from the qualified candidates for the following position:
- Job Duration: Up to December 2021 with possibility of extension depending upon the availability of fund.
- Joining Date: As soon as possible.
- Review global and national strategies, approaches, accords and policies related to energy sector.
- Develop a draft alternative energy transition policy for the country.
- Review the Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission Act 2003 and make to more effective for ensuring just and green energy sector.
- Organize public dialogues, stakeholder consultations on draft alternative energy transition policy at national and divisional levels.
- Maintain communication with govt. relevant offices, private sector and other stakeholders in energy sector.
- Prepare activity based, periodic and final narrative reports.
- Ensure that project deliverables are met within the timeframe.
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the authority.
- A Ph.D. or master’s degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), economics, energy economics, public policy or a related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international approaches to long-term green and sustainable energy transition in terms of energy and environmental issues, energy efficiency, energy challenges, and their corresponding implications to the energy sector, including power and energy markets.
- Excellent command of the English language (spoken and written).
- Strong experience of working in evidence-based public policy developments.
- Strong experience in drafting, editing and producing evidence-based policy papers, working papers, reports and other publications.
- Strong communication skills, an enthusiastic team player, and excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools and Internet.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A and Mobile Bill.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 07:03:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!