Vacancy for the Post: Protection Officer (Monitoring) (Re-Advert)
Company Name: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
DRC Bangladesh is looking to recruit a qualified, flexible professional to work in Cox’s Bazar, refugee context as Protection Monitoring Officer. Under the supervision of the Protection Team Leader, and in close coordination with other DRC Protection teams and field units, the Protection Monitoring Officer will participate in the implementation of all DRC’s protection objectives for Bangladesh and affected populations. The Officer is an active member of the protection monitoring field team, and who is actively involved in different field-based activities that contribute to the development protection monitoring information sharing products (monthly and ad hoc). She will develop and maintain good relations with the other Protection Officers, community mobilizers, the persons of concerns, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Protection Team leader, carry out effective protection monitoring activities with efficiency and according to developed work plan.
- Monitor and share trends for analysis of the protection situation and environment.
- Contribute to the regular development protection monitoring products, including weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ad hoc reports.
- Participate in the implementation of general protection activities in accordance with agreed objectives.
- Participating in rapid protection assessments, joint assessments, protection analysis etc. to identify protection concerns and needs and act for response.
- Constantly monitor the provision of services in areas of operation, and report on findings to ensure highest level of access to services.
- Carry out information dissemination and awareness raising activities among the refugee communities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- At least 2 years of experience in refugee/displacement programs, with a focus on protection work.
- Strong capacity to document, summarize and analyze protection data and to share information in a clear and systematic manner.
- Strong report writing ability analysing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Strong skills in communication and implementing of protection monitoring activities.
- University Degree in the field of social sciences, humanitarian affairs, international law, development studies or any other related field.
LANGUAGES (indicate fluency level)
- English (Fluency in written and Spoken)
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 30th June 2021 (23:59 CPH Time)
What we offer * Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Two bonus per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefits
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: .
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organization never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 02:29:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!