Vacancy for the Post: Programme Head, Advocacy for Social Change
Job description: Job Context
Job Location: BRAC Head Office
- Lead the overall management, planning and implementation of the ‘Advocacy for Social Change’ initiatives and ensure achievement of the strategic objectives of such initiatives
- Provide managerial and technical inputs to develop policy advocacy and engagement strategies and implementation plan in order to achieve results as required
- Identify new areas for intervention, design and develop intervention models, and roll out for piloting of interventions as per the policy priorities of BRAC
- Develop knowledge management system to capture and document lessons learned, good practices and innovations in all ASC initiatives and facilitate organizational learning.
- Ensure internal monitoring and MIS mechanisms are in place for tracking of activities, outputs and results of all ASC interventions.
- Oversee financial plan and human resource plan for the division.
- Oversight of budget and other resources
- Coach and mentor ASC staff to improve their programming and analytical skills including activity planning, management, communication and monitoring.
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the programme by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Masters in any discipline preferably in Public Policy/ Development Studies (MDS)/ Social Sciences/ Economics / Development Management from any recognised university
- 10 to 12 year(s)
- Experience Requirement:
- At least 10-12 years’ experience in a national or international development organization in an equivalent position.
- Substantial experience in leading public policy discourse in Bangladesh
- Experience of working on both government and non-government agencies and policy makers
- Experience of intervention design and fund mobilization
- Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of SDGs
- Government policy making systems
- Monitoring and evaluation of development programmes
- Operational management
- Knowledge management
- Leadership and people management
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Festival Bonus, Contributory Compulsory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health and life Insurance and others
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 03:16:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!