Vacancy for the Post: Procurement Associate
Company Name: World Food Programme
Job description: Job Summary
The Procurement Associate will report the Head of Procurement within the Supply Chain Unit and will assist to conduct a variety of procurement tasks ranging from market research to issuing and evaluating solicitations for a variety of items. The job holder will help provide guidance to requesting units, liaise with vendors to provide market insights and contribute to procurement related actions such as audit requests or reporting to senior management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
– Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Procurement Officer, the job holder will be responsible for the following duties:
– Consolidate and analyze data from which to inform Country sourcing strategies or plan specialist procurement initiatives that support effective and cost optimizing purchase decisions (for example annual procurement plan consolidation, quarterly procurement plan review, etc)
– Provide oversight, mentorship, and support for procurement needs (moderate value commodities, delivering programmes of a similar nature) on implementing standard practice procurement policies and procedures, ensuring a strategic, forward purchasing approach to procurement in compliance with wider WFP policies, standards, and regulations
– Conduct end-to-end procurement process of light complexity (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers, prepare meeting minutes for Committee review, and negotiate/award contracts), to ensure successful procurement of food, non-food commodities, or and retail services
– Act as the focal point for internal and external audits. Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules
– Identify and assess vendors through market research, develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers and retailers to enable WFP to maximize the value of the service delivered. Perform a due diligence process on new vendors for registration and prepare relevant documents to assist the process
– Work in close collaboration with cross-functional counterparts to align procurement activities and promote an integrated supply-chain approach to NFI & retail assistance. Ensure smooth communication with WFP counterparts such as NGOs, Implementing Partners, UN agencies, etc.
– Coordinate and prepare accurate and timely reports of procurement activities to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to partners, leading to performance optimization
– Handle individual procurement assistants under the incumbent or small procurement teams ensuring appropriate development and enable high performance. Take over their duties and cases during periods of absence
– Build capacity of WFP staff and external partners to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services e.g., through the provision of training sessions
– Contribute to preparedness actions by assessing and supervising risks linked to products, categories or contracts and sharing the findings with the supervisor
– Keep, track and be responsible for purchasing requisitions, prioritize accordingly, and refer to supervisors what require particular attention for advice or technical support
– Perform other duties as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
– Strong preference will be given to those who can prove a client-oriented mentality and that they can operate in fast-fluid environments with limited resources.
– The ideal candidate will be both detailed-oriented, determined, and proactive. The Procurement Associate must be very fast-thinking and efficient
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor or equivalent degree qualified in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Procurement, or other related fields.
Experience: 5 Years of Minimum experience with 3 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Procurement or relevant field.
Languages: Excellent written and oral/communications skills in both English and Bangla
– Strong computer literacy in Microsoft applications as well as SAP ERP applications
– Strong background in finance is desired
– Fluency in oral Chittagonian/Rohingyan dialect.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Salary: BDT 114,638
No of post: One (1)
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Experience 6 years – 10 years .
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 00:39:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!