Vacancy for the Post: Procurement Associate, SC6, Cox’s Bazar
Company Name: World Food Programme
Job description: .
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships). Delivering on our mandate of Zero Hunger requires us to have a diverse, inclusive and
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
WFP supports over 1.4 million people in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh including over 860,000 Rohingya refugees and host community Bangladeshi under the L2 emergency operation. WFP provides food and nutrition assistance to the entire refugee population in the world’s largest refugee camp as well as school meals, nutrition service, and livelihood support to host communities in Cox’s Bazar.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness, and tailored livelihoods programme to support the most vulnerable population.
Given the several workstreams of the procurement intervention scale-up, such as retailer contracting, e-voucher shop building, site maintenance and engineering projects, a SC6 position is being created to manage procurement activities and support the internal and external coordination of the different involved activities, units and actors.
The Procurement Associate will report the Head of Procurement within the Supply Chain Unit and will assist to conduct a variety of procurement tasks ranging from market research to issuing and evaluating solicitations for a variety of items. The job holder will help provide guidance to requesting units, liaise with vendors to provide market insights and contribute to procurement related actions such as audit requests or reporting to senior management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Procurement Officer, the job holder will be responsible for the following duties:
- Consolidate and analyze data from which to inform Country sourcing strategies or plan specialist procurement initiatives that support effective and cost optimizing purchase decisions (for example annual procurement plan consolidation, quarterly procurement plan review, etc)
- Provide oversight, mentorship, and support for procurement needs (moderate value commodities, delivering programmes of a similar nature) on implementing standard practice procurement policies and procedures, ensuring a strategic, forward purchasing approach to procurement in compliance with wider WFP policies, standards, and regulations
- Conduct end-to-end procurement process of light complexity (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers, prepare meeting minutes for Committee review, and negotiate/award contracts), to ensure successful procurement of food, non-food commodities, or and retail services
- Act as the focal point for internal and external audits. Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules
- Identify and assess vendors through market research, develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers and retailers to enable WFP to maximize the value of the service delivered. Perform a due diligence process on new vendors for registration and prepare relevant documents to assist the process
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional counterparts to align procurement activities and promote an integrated supply-chain approach to NFI & retail assistance. Ensure smooth communication with WFP counterparts such as NGOs, Implementing Partners, UN agencies, etc.
- Coordinate and prepare accurate and timely reports of procurement activities to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to partners, leading to performance optimization
- Handle individual procurement assistants under the incumbent or small procurement teams ensuring appropriate development and enable high performance. Take over their duties and cases during periods of absence
- Build capacity of WFP staff and external partners to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services e.g., through the provision of training sessions
- Contribute to preparedness actions by assessing and supervising risks linked to products, categories or contracts and sharing the findings with the supervisor
- Keep, track and be responsible for purchasing requisitions, prioritize accordingly, and refer to supervisors what require particular attention for advice or technical support
- Perform other duties as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Strong preference will be given to those who can prove a client-oriented mentality and that they can operate in fast-fluid environments with limited resources. The ideal candidate will be both detailed-oriented, determined, and proactive. The Procurement Associate must be very fast-thinking and efficient
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor or equivalent degree qualified in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Procurement, or other related fields.
Experience: 5 Years of Minimum experience with 3 years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Procurement or relevant field.
Languages: Excellent written and oral/communications skills in both English and Bangla
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft applications as well as SAP ERP applications
- Strong background in finance is desired
- Fluency in oral Chittagonian/Rohingyan dialect.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months (with possibility of extension)
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Salary: BDT 114,638
No of post: One (1)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Tuesday, 22 June 2021 23:59 GMT
This vacancy announcement is for Bangladeshi Nationals. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the WFP careers website:
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 00:06:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!