Vacancy for the Post: Phlebotomist
Job description: Job Context
- Thyrocare Bangladesh Limited (An International Chain Diagnostic Laboratory)
- Thyrocare Bangladesh Ltd (TBL), a franchisee of the international laboratory chain giant Thyrocare, we`re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We`re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants, Patients, Hospitals, Clinics & Diagnostic Centers. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of healthcare advancement. TBL received CAP Certificate for its performance in Quality in the years 2015, 2016 & 2017. In Bangladesh, TBL is the only privately-owned laboratory to achieve this fit. This is a milestone in the history of Quality Laboratory Service in the Country. Thyrocare is providing international standard blood tests through fully automated and integrated laboratory systems which provide accurate and world standard reports. Thyrocare provides laboratory services to over 20 countries in the world, serving over a billion populations in over 700 cities, catering the need of laboratories, hospitals, diagnostic centres, pathologists and over 1000 doctors. It is enlisted by many international accreditation organizations like CAP (College of American Pathologists), International Organization for Standardization-ISO: 9001, National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), India. Thereby Thyrocare reports are accepted worldwide.
- Thyrocare Bangladesh ltd is looking for an experienced “Phlebotomist” to join our growing team. The Phlebotomist will be responsible for collecting blood Sample, mark each sample and then work closely with the lab to ensure the proper quality management for each patient. To provide a high-quality service, to any children and young people, who require capillary blood sampling and / or cannulation. This includes the safe collection and management of patient specimens with minimal discomfort or distress to the child or young person and their care.
- To maintain efficient processes and perform tasks associated with specimen collection and handling, to handover to laboratory staff and provide advice on such to the LAB.
- Adequate checking of specimens, ensuring correct packaging and dispatch of specimens.
- Appropriate and relevant use of patient management, scheduling systems, Proper Patient identification, especially during Home Collection.
- The successful candidate will also deliver excellent patient service, answer patient queries, act as a resource for patient information and strengthen the relationship between the patient and our entire medical facility.
- Collect and tag specimens exactly as outlined in each medical requisition / Prescription.
- Develop effective collection techniques as they relate to groups such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Label and record all test tubes, log procedures and file paperwork.
- Demonstrate knowledge of order of color top tube to use, volume of blood needed and test requirements.
- Must have comprehensive understanding of compliance and safety, and is able to effectively communicate the importance of compliance and safety to other employees.
- Stock management, ensuring relevant materials are adequately maintained.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Details knowledge of BLS protocol incase patient collapsed or fainted.
- Legible handwriting is required.
- Strong attention to detail; seek guidance and direction when necessary.
- Any other task assigned by the management.
- Other Responsibility Areas:
- Honesty & integrity & ability to work under pressure.
- Dynamic, Motivated, Energetic, Pro-active.
- Management/ leadership quality with positive attitude and having ability to take decision independently.
- Organizing & managing ability with problem solving & analytical skills.
- Some ‘out of hours’ work is required on a rotational basis. Candidates must have the flexibility to work on any day of the week as rostered.
- The applicants should have good knowledge about ISO-15189 & ISO-15190.
- The applicants should have experience in the following business areas: Hospital/Clinic/Diagnostic Center.
- 03-04 years Diploma in Laboratory Medicine from any reputed organization.
- At least 2 year(s)
- Age 22 to 30 years
- Minimum two (2) years experiences in reputed Hospitals, Diagnostics centers, clinics, medical centers.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per company policy
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 03:43:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!