Vacancy for the Post: Pharmacy Supervisor
Job description: Job Context
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in more than 70 countries worldwide. We deliver emergency medical care to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or manmade disasters. MSF first worked in Bangladesh in 1992.
- MSF stands against all forms of discrimination on whatever basis, be it of gender, age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, political opinion, legal status, or any such arbitrary and false distinction.
- Summary: Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Management of central pharmacy / facility pharmacy at Main and MBC clinics in Kamrangirchar
- If need, setup central pharmacy at new and/or expanded health service facilities
- Ensure pharmacy orders are made on weekly and monthly stocks to medical warehouse on timely manner with approval from Medical Activity Manager (MAM).
- Ensure pharmaceutics items/materials are organized in the pharmacy according to MSF/MoH standards, in close collaboration with, MAM, Project Medical Referent (PMR), Mission Pharmacy Manager.
- Ensure timely preparation of medical supplies as requested and approved to all all the departments/wards/laboratory etc.
- Ensure maintenance of consumptions on daily, weekly and monthly basis – using MSF tools, tools updated regular and submitted to MAM, PMR and Mission Pharmacy Manager as required.
- Close monitoring of stock level in the pharmacy and immediately report to MAM, when noticing lower stock level, ruptures, expired drugs etc.
- Follow FIFO principles when delivering medical supplies to departments,
- Ensure appropriate temperature is maintained in the pharmacy and cold chain with regular monitoring and reporting any breach or alarms.
- Ensure reporting any quality issues for medications, medical materials etc to MAM, PMR and Mission pharmacy manager.
- Conduct prescription audits and analysis on correct use of medications/anti-biotics by MDs and midwives done in close collaboration with MAM.
- Regular monitoring of PPEs consumptions vs stock availability on daily basis in each department. Ward and stock availability in the pharmacy, and provide daily report to IPC supervisor.
- Abide to strict IPC standards during working hours as requited by MSF.
- Participate consumptions vs TSR analysis on monthly basis using MSF tools / templates and report preparation with Lab supervisor, MAM and PMR (Medical Supply Team).
- Participate in the international order process and local purchase process, when required in coordination with MAM, PMR, and Mission Pharmacy manager
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports to MAM and PMR
- Work at office
- Pharmacy degree essential
- At least 2 year(s)
- At least 2 years pharmacy experience
- Management/supervisory experience desirable
- NGO experience desirable
- Bengali and English essential
- Tk. 70056 (Monthly)
- Contract length is twelve months (with possibility of extension)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Medical allowance
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Two annual leave days per month worked
- Medical insurance for employee and direct dependents
- No relocation allowance shall be provided
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Kamringir Char, Dhaka
Job date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 07:19:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!