Vacancy for the Post: Pastry Chef
Job description: Job Context
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries or other sweet goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving. The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the interest of customers
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are met for Pastry Team.
- Work at office
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Graduation will be fine but having extra professional degree on pastry will be given advantage
- Preferred Professional Certification: Pastry
- Training/Trade Course: Pastry Bakery
- 8 to 12 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Bakery and Pastry Expert
- Age 30 to 35 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Posses professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
- Positive attitude and Good communication skills.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Profit share, Provident fund, Insurance, Gratuity
- Lunch Facilities: Full Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 04:08:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!