Vacancy for the Post: Nursing Team Supervisor
Job description: Job Context
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization working in more than 70 countries worldwide. We deliver emergency medical care to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or manmade disasters. MSF first worked in Bangladesh in 1992.
- MSF stands against all forms of discrimination on whatever basis be it of gender, age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, political opinion, legal status, or any such arbitrary and false distinction.
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her specialty, i.e. perform as a nurse whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her specialty.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service. List items.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Planning and organizing all nursing related activities, participating in clinical care when necessary, and efficiently maintaining a high standard of healthcare for all patients.
- Ensures that information, education and communication is provided to the patients and caretakers from admission until discharge (welcome, hospital rules, hygiene, procedures, counseling, feedback) in a respectful, private and confidential manner.
- Coordinating and supervising the implementation of the nursing protocols, infection control, documentation tools, and providing technical support to ensure the quality of the nursing care.
- In cooperation with the pharmacist and NAM, supervises the management and running of the medical equipment and pharmacy activities (tally sheet daily consumption, inventory, regular requisition and extra orders, monthly expire dates update and FIFO system implementation).
- In close coordination with the NAM, creates and implements a development plan, and provides bed side and formal trainings for all the nursing staff
- Ensure that Treatment follow-up sheet drug administration in done and updated
- Ensure that IV line/Urinary Catheter/gastric tube are monitored regularly
- Patient in observation ensure Urine and stool MONITORING AND RECORDING is done
- Do regular inventory for the Paediatrics Pharmacy and make accurate Biweekly orders.
- Give feedback/ reports to medical focal point.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Preferred Professional Certification: Valid Registration essential.
- Skills Required: communication and interpersonal skill., Organizational Skills, patience and flexible, Problem Solving Skills, Stress Management, Team Leadership
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Nursing, Pharmacy Management
- Essential three (03) years nursing experience with MSF or Experience in similar position with MSF or other NGOs, will be an added value. Experience in managing a pharmacy is desirable; Experience working in Intensive care unit (ICU) is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Bangla.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point and internet)
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Tk. 83580 – 83581 (Monthly)
- 2 annual leave days per month worked. Medical insurance for employee and direct dependants.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Pension policy, Medical allowance
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 00:10:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!