Vacancy for the Post: National Programme Officer (Operations)
Job description: Job Context
- Reference Code: SVN-049/2021/S – BD1
- Estimated Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Classification: NO-A (UN Salary Scale)
- Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (Initially 06 months)
- Division/Unit: NPM
- General Functions: Under the overall supervision of the Head of Humanitarian Assistance and Operations in Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh and direct supervision of the Data Analyst and NPM Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing field operational aspects and requirements of NPM implementation and of various activities or projects which may develop within the NPM unit.
- 1. Support in operational management of NPM field activities implementation including data collection, monitoring, and data verification activities.
- 2. Contribute to the development and consolidation of the unit technical guidelines, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and any other documentation typology required.
- 3. Coordinate the preparation of Procurement Request Forms, process advance and payment requests and other required documents as per IOM procurement and finance rules and regulations in coordination with relevant units.
- 4. Liaise with Procurement and Logistics unit for follow up actions regarding procurement and delivery of materials and equipment to Field Offices; contribute in coordination with program managers to the development of distribution plans to ensure timely delivery to beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- 5. In coordination with PSU and RMU provide technical guidance to relevant unit staff on achieving proficiency with IOM corporate applications PRIMA and PRISM among to ensure compliance with the organization rules and regulations
- 6. Supervise field assessment with multi-layered data collection techniques to gather timely information about displacement, population mobility, movement flows, and any other source of data required.
- 7. Provide user support and system training to enumerators on, Kobo or similar platforms and the appropriate databases.
- 8. Supervise field staff and enumerators, prepare and organize appropriate trainings for the data collection team on issues related to NPM operations, including data collection methods and procedures on a regular basis.
- 9. Regularly report to NPM Coordinator on field activities progress, issues, and other information relevant with NPM field activities and implementation.
- 10. Regularly monitor, propose, and implement all necessary modifications on relevant operational aspects in the field.
- 11. Support programme implementation and overall management of the data collection team. Track progress and ensure that deadlines are met.
- 12. Liaise in the fields with relevant authorities, UN agencies, NGOs, Government authorities, and other stakeholders on operational issues relevant to the field activities. Represent NPM at relevant operational meetings in the field.
- 13. Support the organization and deployment of NPM missions to the field. Organize the logistics for and procurement of NPM materials to ensure timely response.
- 14. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Degree/Diploma or Equivalent or Higher University degree in Social Science, Political Science, Disaster Management Studies, Management Development Studies, Anthropology, or other related fields with minimum two years of relevant professional experience.
- Work experience with international/national humanitarian organizations, non-government, or government institutions/organization.
- Experience in relevant issues such as migration, displacement, and humanitarian assistance.
- Good analytical skills and excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral) and culturally sensitive and ability to work in a team setting.
- Experience in project management and implementation.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, pays attention to details, meets deadlines, maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Experience in data collection and assessment operations.
- Strong computer background, including experience with Microsoft applications, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 01:42:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!