Vacancy for the Post: National Nutrition Specialist, SC9
Company Name: FAO
Job description: Organizational Setting
The FAO Representation in Bangladesh is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning, and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the country. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in Bangladesh and, in collaboration with Regional Office Asia and Pacific and the departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to the country priorities. The representation also supports the regional office in the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the country, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. The office also develops and maintains relations with Government of Bangladesh, UN agencies, the resource partners and other development institution at the country level.
The Technical Cooperation Programme (TCP) project of FAO aims to address the issues of sustainable agricultural development for improved food security and nutrition situations of the Bangladesh. The project is designed to cover three stages of the food value chain; production (crop, aquaculture, livestock), market access and consumption towards agricultural development and nutritional improvement.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Bangladesh and direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) the incumbent will support the implementation of projects activities. The duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support to manage the project at the filed level and maintain liaison with DAE, DLS, DoF, , BLRI, BARI, BRRI etc as and when required for smooth implementation of the project
- Conduct desk study and contribute to develop questionnaires for field surveys on food intake, consumer awareness of nutrition, food safety and hygiene
- Contribute to development of detailed plans towards integrated agricultural development for nutrition improvement (IADNI) and health and hygiene for the two districts by analysing data from benchmark survey and consultation with stakeholders
- Assist in monitoring project implementation in the field by using a nutrition implementation framework with impact pathways and measurable indicators. Contribute to preparation of annual work plans and budgets, clear them with FAO
- Lead, plan and conduct Training to farmers on health hygiene and human nutrition
- Address quality & safe nutrition of adolescent girls, pregnant and lactating women and older persons
- Address healthy lives and promote family health & hygiene practices, especially under COVID-19 crisis
- Work as a technical assistance team member and support other staff in carrying out their duties
- Participate in the briefing and debriefing of all consultants and review their reports after each mission
- Assist in developing lists of equipment to be procured under the project
- Submit end of assignment report of the consultancy
- Contribute to prepare all kinds of reports- monthly, half yearly, annual etc as and when required
- Contribute to prepare terminal report of the project
- Assist, coordinate and support field missions as and when required
- Plan and conduct nutrition trainings and cooking demonstration
- Any other task assigned by the FAO Representative/ Assistant FAO Representative (Programme).
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master/Higher degree in nutrition, nutrition sciences an or dietetics
- Five years of relevant experience on nutrition and good understanding and analytical ability of the nutritional situation of the country.
- Only Bangladesh Nationals.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge and experience in project implementation and monitoring by applying implementation framework, impact pathways and measurable indicators.
- Have good knowledge on COVID-19 spreads and preventions and human nutrition
- Good diagnostic and decision making skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate – verbal & written skills in English
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
- Willingness to work as a team member and desire to serve farmers and others involved in the agriculture industry
- Self-motivation, willingness to learn and good work ethics.
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office software, email, internet, spread sheets
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 05:27:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!