Vacancy for the Post: Mid-Level Evaluation Specialist (Promoting Peace and Justice )
Company Name: ME&A
Job description: SUMMARY
The purpose of BMEL is to ensure that development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical services, evaluation of technical services, and learning and adaptive management services.
ME&A is recruiting a Mid-level Evaluation Specialist for a mid-term evaluation of the Promoting Peace and Justice (PPJ) Activity in Bangladesh, hereafter referred as the PPJ. The purpose of this mid-term performance evaluation is to assess PPJ’s overall technical and programmatic relevance and effectiveness in strengthening the Bangladesh justice system in key activity areas and to assess its progress in achieving sustainability of the activity. The period of performance for this mid-term evaluation will cover approx. June-Sept 2021. The evaluation will also assess the IP and its sub-grantees’ performance in achieving targeted results; determine if the program is on course to meet its stated objectives and evaluate the IP’s effectiveness in managing the activity. The findings will be used to improve the implementation of PPJ by making appropriate adjustments to the direction of the activity and to inform future rule of law/access to justice programming.
The Mid-level Evaluation Specialist will:
- Provide technical assistance in the evaluation of the activity.
- S/he will actively participate in team meetings, site visits and the desk review of materials, and assist the team leader in developing methodologies, work plans and
report outlines. * S/he will assist the team leader in setting and conducting interviews with relevant stakeholders.
- S/he will work with the national team members to manage FGDs, KIIs and other data collection activities, analyze findings and help draft the evaluation report. This will involve travelling to Bangladesh to conduct in-person fieldwork, as COVID conditions permit, for a period of approx. 4-6 weeks.
- S/he will also participate in presenting the report to USAID and other stakeholders and assist with addressing pertinent comments provided by USAID/Bangladesh and/or other stakeholders.
The Mid-level Evaluation Specialist (International)
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline and at least five (5) years of experience.
- Experience in program design, management, monitoring and evaluation of rule of law and DRG programs in developing countries, are required.
- Strong experience in the rule of law/access to justice/legal aid related sectors preferably in the context of South Asia is required.
- Prior experience and ability to conduct evaluations is required.
- Experience working in South Asian countries is required.
- Ability to produce a high-quality report in English is essential.
- Travel to Bangladesh and between/within Bangladesh’s eight divisions is required.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English
Candidate’s interest will be submitted online at https://meandahq.isolvedhire.com/ with a copy of
resume, writing sample (if requested), and a cover letter indicating the reference number.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in
compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our
EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under
the law, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:34:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!