Vacancy for the Post: Medical coordinator (M/F) – Bangladesh
Company Name: MDM
Job description: For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM mission in Bangladesh opened in February 2017. From August 2017, a massive wave of population fleeing violence in the Rakhine state in Myanmar crossed the border to find refuge in Cox’s Bazar district in Bangladesh. This unprecedented situation created an emergency humanitarian situation.
After nearly 3 years of emergency activities in Cox’s bazar, MdM has now entered in a new phase and aims at strengthening its response at qualitative level focusing on mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) and gender based violence (GBV) as part of the primary health care through technical support to all non-governmental organizations (national and international) implementing healthcare services in refugee camps, for both host communities and displaced population.
As an important component of GBV intervention, MdM is willing to strengthen the sexual and reproductive care component (SRH) in close connection with GBV component. Furthermore, a new project on related components will start in Dhaka slums to work especially with host community. All these elements, jointly with a good financing strategy, will have the objective to stabilize and secure the mission, to assure our presence in the country, fulfilling our projects objectives.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in collaboration with the health advisor and technical counterparts (MHPSS, SRH and GBV) at HQ level, you define and implement the medical strategy of the mission and provide a general understanding of Bangladesh healthcare system. You manage directly the MHPSS coordinator and the GBV coordinator.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Be responsible for defining, monitoring and updating the health content of the MdM health strategy, annual plan and budget, translating the identified health needs into a strategic vision and project objectives, priorities and resources needed and ensure that the objectives are achieved
- Be responsible for developing the SRH strategy, in close collaboration with GBV coordinator and SRH HQ advisor
- Shape new strategy and log frame for the development of a new project in Dhaka slums
- Propose and lead technical researches or assessments and give technical feedback on assessments’ reports on Cox Bazar and Dhaka contexts
- Provide general knowledge and spread network with Bangladesh health system and related governmental ministries and offices
- Contribute in seeking potential operational partnerships as well as financing opportunities and lead donor’s proposal writing
- Monitor progress, quality and relevance of activities and established M&E plans
- Provide support to MHPSS and GBV coordinators as well as to local partners, especially in SRH component and medical assistance
- Supervise and support compliance of health program team with MdM procedures and tools
- Be responsible for the appropriateness and quality of health interventions and identify and work on removing barriers to better patient safety, effective medical care, and better patient-centred activities
- Ensure regular internal capacity building especially on SRH component and related medical competences
- Give support in the planning, definition and sizing of the partner workforce in the mission and supervise the associated processes (recruitment, validation of staff, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication).
- Define, update and implement the mission’s health and safety policy framework for national staff
Reporting, communication and representation
- Be responsible for all external and internal reports and contribute to potential communication materials
- Represent MdM with local health authorities and keep regular contact with other partners of the mission (NGOs, local organizations, donors, authorities)
- Represent the Bangladesh MdM program, especially in forums and professional networks
- Represent MdM especially in Cox’s Bazar with governmental institutions
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 12 months
Starting date on 01/06/2021
Gross monthly salary: 2 845 euros
Based in Cox’s Bazar with field trips to Dhaka
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year – minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
At least 5 years’ experience in public health with minimum 2 years in humanitarian/development sector
Experience in coordination, project cycle management and M&E mechanisms
Excellent knowledge of SRH and gender perspective
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
Great representation abilities
Strong problem solving, organisational skills and ability to manage priorities
Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 22:22:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!