Vacancy for the Post: Mathematics Consultant, Global Policy Linking Pilots
Company Name: MSI
Job description: Mathematics Consultant, Global Policy Linking Pilots, Bangladesh
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at .
The Global Policy Linking Pilots aim to set benchmarks for national education assessments that align with the Global Proficiency Framework’s (GPF) detailed definitions of proficiency in reading and mathematics. The pilots will enable UNESCO Institute for Statistics and partner national governments to report against Sustainable Development Goal 4.1.1 and compare results with other countries that have linked their assessments to the GPF. In Bangladesh, the pilot will establish internationally-aligned benchmarks of proficiency for the National Student Assessment for Grade 3 and Grade 5 in Bangla and mathematics.
Please note: Only Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for this position
The Mathematics consultant will serve as a translator and mathematics content facilitator during the policy linking workshops in Bangladesh. Translation responsibilities will include key documents required for the workshops. Facilitator responsibilities will cover all technical phases of the workshops including the detailed definitions of the GPF, alignment of the GPF and National Student Assessment, and panelists’ ratings of items on the National Student Assessment. The consultancy is 10 working days in November.
- Translate selected tables of the GPF for mathematics proficiency from English into Bangla
- Serve as mathematics content facilitator at policy linking workshops
- Facilitate mathematics panelists’ understanding of detailed definitions of reading in the GPF
- Guide mathematics panelists through item-construct ratings for alignment between the GPF and National Student Assessment
- Lead mathematics panelists through process of rating National Student Assessment items using an Angoff-based benchmarking method
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or relevant field
- 10 years of experience in education sector (domestic and/or international)
- Familiarity with Bangla curriculum in primary school, particularly Grades 3 and 5
- Experience facilitating workshops
- Experience with translation from English to Bangla (preferred)
- Knowledge of the National Student Assessment or another large-scale nationwide assessment
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Job date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 23:56:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!