Vacancy for the Post: Manager – Resource Mobilization
Company Name: Save the Children
Job description: Save the Children invites applications for the above-mentioned position. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Minimum requirements will be flexible for the potential female candidates.
This position shares the responsibility for day to day coordination of the Resource Mobilization (RM) team activities in Cox Bazar in close consultation with the Director-Resource Mobilization, by assisting in mobilizing resources for the Cox Bazar Field office and in other parts of Bangladesh if required. The Manager – Resource Mobilization will assist in the periodic review and update of the Cox Bazar Resource Mobilization strategy and be jointly responsible, with Director-RM, for monitoring funding opportunities and matching them to programming opportunities. S/he will be accountable for the development of high quality project proposals, concept papers and supporting documents, working in close collaboration with the Finance team, Awards team, thematic area technical teams, other departments and external partners. S/he will be the primary custodian of the offline donor pipeline tracker for Cox Bazar related opportunities and responsible for updating it on a regular basis. S/he will also be expected to research and keep up to date on the Cox Bazar donor landscape, and proactively identify, inform, and jointly pursue new funding opportunities.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 5-6 years’ experience, preferably in business development/resource mobilization or relevant areas. Previous experience of working in international organizations/development agency will be treated as an advantage.
- Understanding of donor proposal requirements (EC/USAID/FCDO, corporates, etc).
- Proven track record in jointly developing winning concept notes and project proposals.
- Familiarity with the Bangladesh donor environment, including different government agencies and other donors including foundations and corporations
- Experience in responding to solicitations and/or working on projects funded by major donors. Understanding on proposal budgeting
- Demonstrated experience in partnership negotiations and successful proposal development
- Excellent conceptualization, design and writing skills
- Excellent English writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to present complex information in a concise and compelling manner.
- Ability to problem solving and make decisions in a consultative manner
- Team player, non-discriminatory and gender sensitive
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly in Excel
- Masters Degree preferably in Business Administration / Development Studies or other relevant field. Candidates with A-level background would be preferred.
Contract length: Regular
Job Location: Cox’s Bazar
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations
Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview
‘Save the Children promotes diversity in its workforce’
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 23:09:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!