Vacancy for the Post: Manager – Government Liaison & Administration
Job description: Job Context
- Work Location: IRC-Bangladesh, Cox`s Bazar Office
- Reporting to: Coordinator- Government Liaison & Administration (Direct) DDO (Technical)
- Department: Operations
- Expected Start Date: At Earliest
- Contract length: 1 Year (with possibility of extension subject to funding, program needs and performance of incumbent)
- Government Liaison
- Develop a sound knowledge of IRCs global presence as well as activities and strategy in Bangladesh in order to accurately represent the organization in liaisons with the Govt.
- Ensure that IRC operates in Cox bazar following all legal compliances set by NGO Affairs Bureau, DC Office RRRC, CIC, Civil Surgeon and other relevant Govt. Depts. e.g. SB, NSI, DGFI, DoFP, DDM and different Ministries (Home , Foreign , Disaster , Health and Women and child and so on) in timely and quality manner. This includes but not limited to processing of (i) FDs requirements at the start of projects; (ii) Various approvals from different level of authorities during the project lifespan; (iii) Project closure formalities etc.
- Timely prepare the Project Closing Report for FD-6/FD-7 and submit to DC Office and UNO Offices for collecting Project Closing Certificates.
- With support of supervisor, maintain up-to-date tracking sheet of all legal requirements for every project, timely updating and dedicatedly communicate with program team and senior managers for pending approvals / issues.
- Act as the Cox’s Bazar-based focal point for managing all inquiries from various relevant Govt. Offices at all levels (district, UZ, Union, Camps etc. ).
- Build excellent working relationships and maintain regular communication, coordination and provide updates to relevant government offices on the work of IRC, and on status of pending compliances / approvals
- Work closely with Dhaka based staff (Coordinator Government liaison and Administration) to ensure all paper works are completed and submitted in timely manner
- Short term cover the position of Coordinator (Government Liaison and Administration) in his/her absence in IRC Dhaka office
- This position is to work other than Cox’s Bazar District if requires for IRC Bangladesh
- Undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor for the shake of IRC Bangladesh.
- Assist in filing and following visa applications, camp permits, security clearance and renewals work permits for international staff and visitors.
- With support of supervisor, manage up to date tracking sheet of visa, work permit, camp permit and revise on regular basis; dedicatedly communicate with concerned staff and senior managers on the visa, work permit, camp permit renewals.
- Assist program and support staff with translation of documents.
- Time to time update about the filing of all Official files of Govt. Liaison and Admin
- Based on the advice from supervisor, attend various relevant external meetings in Cox’s Bazar (district, UZ, union and camp level) to represent IRC as well as support program and support staff to provide translation services.
- Assist with basic logistics concerning IRC staff and visitors in Dhaka and Cox’s Bazar, including briefing on welcome and orientation materials, and confirming hotel and transportation arrangements.
- Assist in office and other administrative tasks in Cox’s Bazar.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduate/Master’s in public administration, humanities, social sciences or social work, law
- At least 5 year(s)
- Minimum 5 (five) years of professional experience of working in similar role with NGO
- Preference to those who have worked in similar role with International NGO
- Excellent and demonstrated knowledge on legal compliances set by NGO Affairs Bureau
- Excellent understanding about GoB structure (national, district, UZ, union and Rohingya camp) relevant to operation of NGOs in Bangladesh
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to act professionally and diplomatically on behalf of the IRC, including representation in high level meetings.
- Demonstrated experience of managing FD7 and FD6 requirements throughout the project cycle management (start up, implementation and closure)
- Excellent command over Bangla language (writing, reading and speaking)
- Good communication skills in English language
- Good command over MS office
- Dedicated, a good teammate and ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to work independently and possess good time management skills
- Competitive Base Pay
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Fringe Benefits (As per IRC National Pay Scale in Bangladesh)
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 23:45:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!