Vacancy for the Post: Human Resources Associate, G6
Company Name: World Food Programme
Job description: Job Summary
To deliver a full range of HR support services to ensure accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a customer-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
– Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
– Actively manage national staff recruitment and selection process.
– Review and compile a variety of data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc., to support analysis and reporting needs.
– Allocate responsibilities and support on-the-job learning and development of junior support staff, to ensure they have adequate knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties and subsequently can contribute to the provision of effective HR services.
– Identify evolving needs of the organisation and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, to support improvements in HR services.
– Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives.
– Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
– Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
– Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer/separation letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
Key accountabilities (continue..)
– Co-ordinate the maintenance of confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standard
– Monitor staff deployment and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports, to support efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
– Maintain a good relationship with different focal persons from different hospitals and insurance providers in order to facilitate staff smooth medical services are covered by the WFP insurance policy
– Perform any other tasks as assigned and required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related fields with HR certification.
Experience: Six or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least four years in human resources or other related field.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
– Knowledge of specialised HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
– Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
– Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
– Experience in supervising and co-ordinating tasks of subordinates to be able to train and supervise junior staff members within the HR function.
– Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES:
– Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
– Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
– Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
– Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
– Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
– Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
– Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
– Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
– Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
– Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
– Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
– Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
– Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
– Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
– Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
– Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Monthly Salary: As per UN salary scale
Number of post: 01
This vacancy announcement is for Bangladeshi Nationals. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Experience 6 years – 10 years .
Job date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 01:55:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!