Vacancy for the Post: Health Manager – Quality Assurance (Female)
Job description: Job Context
- Working as an important member of a diverse team who are committed to serve the world`s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care, the Health Manager has a vital role to play in improving the overall health situation of the target population. This involves implementing quality SRH service and contributing to the achievement of the proposal objectives within the planned timescale and budget, for the areas of responsibility within the health project. Important parts of the role include: providing leadership, supervision and oversight; contribute towards the capacity building of the health team; monitoring and reporting on project progress and coordination with other stakeholders. The Health Manager will be required to make frequent field visits, constituting approximately 60% of work time to accomplish his/her assigned job.
- World Concern/Medair has been operational in Camp 20 Extension since early 2018 and Camp 20 since January 2020, with ongoing health operations providing quality promotive, preventive and curative primary health care with facility and outreach-based interventions in partnership with Medair, RRRC, IOM and other relevant stakeholders. In addition, World Concern/Medair has been implementing Nutrition Projects in different camps to achieve the desired objectives set in its strategic plan.
- Project Management:
- With the support from the Health PM/Health Advisor, health manager will be responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and support of the assigned health project(s) in line with the activity plan and time frame of the relevant project proposal, and any other applicable national and international guidelines/standards.
- The Health Manager could cover eventual staffing gaps of medical doctors at the field level as requested by the PM. This cover would be temporary and for set periods of time to ensure clinical care at the health post facility.
- Continuously monitor and supervise health activities to ensure and to track the quality of the health services
- Provide input into the integration of AAP (accountability to the affected population) in all aspects of the project
- Oversee the process of data collection, collation and dissemination to meet reporting requirements and deadlines
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities for internal and external reports (e.g. monthly, quarterly and final reports)
- Participate in the development of new projects and/or donor proposals as requested by the health project manager
- Staff Management:
- To manage the assigned health team including day-to-day management, development and training, recruitment, appraisals, time sheet approval etc.
- Facilitate regular team meetings with the assigned health team, ensuring team members are kept informed of issues relevant to their work and provided an opportunity for feedback
- Ensure the assigned health team members receive appropriate supervision, coaching, mentoring and training in order to develop their personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding. Reviewing team and individual objectives
- Financial Management:
- Coordinate and oversee petty cash requirements of the health posts, ensuring all required paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Authorisation of expenditure on applicable budget lines up to $1,000.00
- Communication and Coordination:
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned health team, Medair in-country health managers and advisors and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, UN agencies, partners and other NGOs)
- Represent the organization at relevant local level coordination meetings if delegated/designated.
- Ensure, in coordination with the operation team, the timely ordering of all necessary medicines, supplies and equipment for the assigned health facilities/activities, ensuring minimum stocks are maintained and items are stored and distributed correctly.
- Help monitor medicine and supplies consumption and expiry dates in order to assure minimal loss and the implementation of the best practices in regards to health stock management.
- Quality management:
- Ensure data protection/security and proper storage by regularly backing up database.
- Implement, as far as is possible within operational constraints, relevant policies and standards relating to health services delivery including Sphere and HAP standards, MoHFW & Donor guidelines and other evidence based practices
- Promote and use the Medair Intranet, Portfolio, BOX and standard operating procedures, ensuring that all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed.
- Filing and archiving of all required records and documents for the assigned health project(s) according to the requirements of Medair, donors and other relevant authorities.
- Any other duties within his/her scope of works as assigned by supervisor.
- Work at office
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS)
- Master in Epidemiology, Public Health, or any other relevant discipline
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age 25 to 50 years
- Only females are allowed to apply
- 5 years’ post-qualification medical professional experience.
- Experience working in primary health care
- At least one-year management experience in a health context
- Experience working in a health programme in a developing country, preferably in a humanitarian context
- Proficiency in English is required
- Chittagong dialect
- Efficient use of Excel, Word and Power Point Presentation
- Experience in producing information and data visualisation products
- Experience and skills in training delivery, preferably related to public health
- Competencies in various statistical packages such as EPI info, SPSS, Stata, MS Access
- Desire to serve the refugee community
- Clinical skills within a Primary Health Care setting
- Good report writing skills
- Problem solving ability
- A team player, with the ability to network and work effectively in a multicultural setting
- Cultural sensitivity and a demonstrated understanding of humanitarian context
- Good interpersonal skills and good at working to deadlines with the capacity to work and deliver under pressure with minimum supervision.
- WORK CONDITIONS: This position will be based at the World Concern/ Medair base office with 60% of work time spent traveling to field sites.
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance
- Festival Bonus: 1
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 06:40:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!