Vacancy for the Post: Head- 2.5 NVG Bangladesh
Company Name: Essilor
Job description: Position Title:
Head-2.5 NVG Bangladesh
Vice President-Inclusive Business and Philanthropy – Asia
Department / Function:
2.5 NVG Bangladesh/Inclusive Business
Essilor Bangladesh Pvt Ltd [EBPL]
Position Summary – Purpose and Objectives of the Role
For 170 years, Essilor International, the world’s leading ophthalmic optics company, has been driven by the Mission of improving lives by improving sight. Essilor designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of lenses to correct and protect the eyesight of everyone on the planet. In 2013 Essilor created a dedicated division to bring vision care to the 2.7 billion people living with uncorrected poor vision by creating access and raising awareness. These efforts comprise inclusive business programmes, strategic giving, raising awareness and advocacy through research.
The Group believes good vision is a basic human right and has the ambition to eradicate uncorrected poor vision in one generation. Since 2013 it has made good progress, training over 10,000 primary vision care providers and providing vision care to more than 40 million people at the base of the pyramid. It is now looking to scale up its efforts in order to achieve this ambition.
Reporting to the Vice President Inclusive Business and Philanthropy, Asia, the key responsibilities of Head – 2.5 NVG Bangladesh will be:- * Oversee & expand the Inclusive Business initiatives in Bangladesh to reach all the people with uncorrected poor vision by building sustainable business models.
- Focus and deliver results as per the plans
- The position requires the ability to behave like an entrepreneur while working within a large organisation.
Main Focus and Key Areas of Responsibilities
The selected person has the overall responsibility for driving 2.5 NVG business in Bangladesh. * While one of the key metrics is creation of new wearers as per plan, the position has a clear P&L responsibility.
- In the entire country, the primary focus will be on building sustainable vision care in the BOP markets through innovative solutions.
- Drive external stakeholder engagement and build partnerships to scale up actions in eliminating poor vision in the country.
Knowledge / Experience
Divisional or BU Experience
Business background with experience in channel sales, institutional sales/B2B sales/end to end co-ordination with all departments
Experience / Track Record
- At least 8 years of full time post-qualification work experience.
- Out of which at least 5 years should have been in a business leadership position for a BU/Regional Team and/or similar roles.
One or more of the following:
- Eye care/Optical Industry
- Medical device
However, candidates with exposure to Social Marketing, Franchising, Rural Marketing background will have an added advantage. Base of Pyramid experience and/or experience in start-ups is a clear asset.
- Must have direct market experience and broad geographical knowledge from South Asian countries, preferably India and/or Bangladesh.
- Any other country business experience from South East Asia and/or other regions, may be advantageous
Willingness to travel (approx 30-50% of the time) in upcountry markets.
Exposure to managing Business Unit/P&L ownership
Education / Qualification / Certification
Graduate + MBA in Sales and Marketing
Proficiency in English, Bengali language. Multilingual will be an advantage.
Pre-requisites and Next Career Steps
Psychometrics/ Behavioural Traits
- Demonstrates high energy
- Strong ability to influence, drive change amongst ambiguity
- Goal driven and result oriented
- Clear and fact based decision making
- Diverse and able to work well in teams and across functions
Job date: Tue, 04 May 2021 06:27:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!