Vacancy for the Post: Grants and External Relations Officer
Company Name: Danish Refugee Council
Job description: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The position holder is responsible to provide Grants Management, Reporting, Communications, Programme and Partnerships support in compliance with DRC’s and local guidelines and procedures.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Grants and External Relations Team to develop high-quality, timely outputs such as reports and proposals for donors, partners, and government, ensuring all reporting requirements are met.
- Support in workflow and process coordination between Programme Teams, Senior Leadership and HQ to ensure timely and quality development and review.
- Ensure visibility products are approved externally with donors and relevant stakeholders as per compliance rules.
- Support the Grants and External Relations Manager in providing timely, thorough responses to information requests from internal and external sources.
- Act as focal point for grants documentation and system management (Dynamics), maintaining hard- and soft-copy of grants files as appropriate. This may include set up of grants in Dynamics, archiving, template development, process launching etc.
- Provide coordination and communications support of required project outputs e.g. FD6/7 applications, documentation for approvals, communications products etc. in collaboration with Communications and Media Specialist and Liaison Coordinator.
- Support team to ensure correct, compliant, and smooth flow of information at all times to stakeholders especially towards donors.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in Programme Administration, Office Management, Grants/Contracting, or in a similar office role with a National or International NGO.
- Proven experience in improving quality of delivery and process through methodical thinking and strong attention to detail.
- Significant experience in MS Word and Excel.
- University degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- English (fluent in spoken and written English).
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO DEMONSTRATE DRC FIVE CORE COMPETENCIES
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Type of contract: National
- Employment Band: H
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar
- Closing Date for Application: 19th July 2021 (23:59 CPH Time)
WHAT WE OFFER * Excellent Working Environment and opportunity to Growth
- Various learning and development platforms
- Two bonus per year
- Relocation allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Leave Encashment
- Group life Insurance including Family
- Dental and Optical benefits
APPLICATION PROCESS * Applications must be submitted through the mentioned link on the page by clicking on Apply Button.
- All applicants must send a cover letter along with an updated CV (we encourage CV no longer than four pages) in English.
- Mentioning three referees’ details of your present supervisor and HR along with past employment’s supervisor with CV.
Note: Applications sent by email will not be considered. In addition, DRC doesn’t charge any fee for any of its recruitment process & believes in equal opportunity in employment regardless.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website: www.drc.ngo.
It has been brought to the attention of the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) that there have been instances of fraudulent job offers, purporting to be from DRC in Bangladesh. These offers reportedly concern fraudulent employment opportunities to applicants asking for money. DRC would like to stipulate that the organization never charges or accepts any money from job seekers during the recruitment process. DRC recommends that you do not respond to unsolicited offers of employment.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 06:28:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!