Vacancy for the Post: Generalist Field Officer
Job description: Job Context
- Department : Operations
- Location : Dhaka/Chittagong Hill Tracts with extensive visit
- Starting date : As soon as possible
- Contract Type : Open Ended Contract
- The Generalist Field Officer for Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT) works closely with the Field Team Leader for CHT to contribute to formulating and implementing the ICRC`s strategic objectives in the region.
- In collaboration with the Field Team Leader for Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT), contributes to formulating and coordinating the implementation of ICRC strategy and activities in CHT, liaising regularly with various ICRC departments to ensure a coordinated approach in the area of responsibility (AOR).
- Contributes to expanding / consolidating the ICRC network of contacts for the region – including building a strong working relationship with the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) Units at HQ level and in CHT.
- Represents the ICRC towards select authorities and engages with multiple stakeholders to ensure access and acceptance for ICRC operations and reinforce the image of the institution.
- Monitors the humanitarian and security environment and needs and participates in analysing the overall situation, mobilising the appropriate departments to respond to needs as appropriate.
- Contributes to ensuring that ICRC operations are carried out with a highest level of security for ICRC´s staff and property.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, briefings and various report generation.
- Graduation in any relevant discipline
- 2 to 3 year(s)
- Excellent command of English and computer literacy.
- Professional requirements:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in similar role.
- Voluntary experience with the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Personal qualities for the position:
- Good knowledge of the context in CHT and the Red Cross Red Crescent movement
- Excellent sense of responsibility and confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skill especially in MS Office.
- Ability to empathize to people who are in vulnerable situation in the country.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, respecting the established framework.
- Ability to define priorities.
- Ability to adapt to and work in a multicultural team environment.
- Team spirit and capacity to integrate a multidisciplinary approach.
- Attractive compensation and benefits along with medical insurance and accidental coverage
Compensation & Other Benefits
- 13th months’ salary.
- In-house and/or external training
- The opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience in an international setting of humanitarian endeavour
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Chittagong – Dhaka
Job date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 06:21:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!