Vacancy for the Post: Finance Officer (Covid-19 Response)
Job description: Job Context
- Duration of contract : One year (with possibility of extension).
- Reportable to : Operation Coordinator in close coordination with Director, Finance and Director, Disaster Response.
- Duty station : National Head Quarters (NHQ), Moghbazar, Dhaka.
- Job purpose:
- In Bangladesh, the BDRCS/IFRC prepared National Society Response Plan (NSRP-Recovery Plan) including the vaccination component to support the National Society (BDRCS) in its preparedness and recovery efforts as well as a separate Concept Note for Vaccination Campaign to support the said program. The NSRP has two main components: Nationwide activities and activities specific to the Population Movement Operations in Cox`s Bazaar. This Finance Officer role will cover the implementation of NSRP in the country.
- Reporting to the Director Finance of BDRCS in close consultation and communication with Operation Coordinator Covid19, the post holder will provide the operational support to ensure the effective running of the finance function by the BDRCS in line with the COVID-19 PoA in close coordination with IFRC Finance and in-country membership and key partners such as in an effective, efficient and timely manner
- Coordinate operational services for the economic, efficient and effective management of the BDRCS financial resources and promote cooperation with the IFRC.
- Closely collaborate with IFRC Finance in financial and administrative matters as the movement partner involved into this operation.
- Support all ongoing operations in terms of financial and administrative management
- Coordinate the compilation of the Bangladesh complex operation budget and financial plan, under the direction of the BDRCS Management.
- Follow-up of budget implementation and ensure Program are updated.
- Work with the program head for the budget revisions and advise on their realism, consistency and compliance.
- Monitor the level of implementation of the budgets and provide feedback to the management team.
- Donor Reporting:
- Review the finance sections of funding proposals for donors.
- Make sure the donor financial reporting conditions are meet.
- Financial and Administrative Management of the Program:
- Manage and control the funds and financial assets of the operation.
- Cash flow and cost control management
- Ensure timely settlement of WA to the IFRC
- Regular field visit to the unit offices in order to collect quality supporting documents.
- Ensure all the financial expenditures are properly checked as per IFRC standard.
- Provide consolidate cash forecasts and pursue forecasting system.
- Ensure monthly Working advance statement are reconciled with IFRC.
- Audit & Risk Management:
- Implement corrective actions to manage financial risks.
- Oversee audit processes by preparing, facilitating, & ensuring smooth processes.
- Provide direct input to these reviews & clarify queries at source.
- Capacity Building:
- Support & train to the non-finance staff including unit office staff.
- Advice and discuss with other Finance staff on how to improve the financial reporting component of its operations & train the key finance staffs
- Ensure alignment with guidelines & policies & provide advice in the use & benefit of international accounting standards & ensure that audit recommendations are implemented.
- Duties applicable to all staff:
- 1. Actively work towards the achievement of the BDRCS goals
- 2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- 3. Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Professional/academic qualification at master’s level or higher in finance and accounting
- At least 4 year(s)
- Visit this link to view detail: https://hotjobs.bdjobs.com/jobs/bdrcs/bdrcs232.htm
- Age limit : 40 years (age limit will be relaxed in case of potential candidate).
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 00:43:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!