Vacancy for the Post: Finance Manager, Bangladesh
Company Name: Save the Children
Job description: Description :
We are currently seeking a Finance Manager for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Community Nutrition Activity in Bangladesh. This Activity will be valued between $25-$50M over five years and will focus on addressing the inequitable nutrition outcomes of the most vulnerable segments of the population through a targeted community-health system strengthening approach. The Activity’s primary objective is to improve nutrition outcomes for children under five, pregnant and new mothers, and adolescent girls through increasing quality of community-based nutrition and health services, improving household nutrition, health and WASH behaviors, enhancing leadership and governance for nutrition, and increasing empowerment of women.
The Finance Manager reports directly to the Chief of Party and is responsible for the overall leadership of the project’s finance team, overseeing all financial management, internal controls and financial compliance aspects of the program in accordance with USAID guidance and regulations. The Finance Manager will manage the implementation of accounting systems, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting for Save the Children and any subawards, and is responsible for ensuring that an appropriate structure exists to provide effective support of field operations and to protect the integrity of the country office financial and administrative operations. The Finance Manager will also need to maintain consistent coordination and teamwork with other senior positions and individuals working on the program as well as with USAID guidelines.
This position will be located in Dhaka and is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Management & Oversight (20%)
- Provide day-to-day leadership, management, and oversight of the project’s finance team.
- Review and consolidate monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy and to provide regular feedback to senior management.
- Ensure all financial plans, invoices, reports, and other financial documents and transactions are accurate, timely, and consistent with Save the Children and USAID guidelines and regulations.
Budget Management (50%)
- Prepare and monitor budget implementation to ascertain that spending occurs as planned and that variances are anticipated, noted, and corrected; ensure that key program personnel are aware of budgetary resources and are able to monitor their budgets respectively.
- Perform financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders, and payment requests to ensure compliance with Save the Children’s policies and procedures and donor grant requirements.
- Oversee sub-grant monitoring and compliance including organizational assessments, review of financial reports/advance requests, and financial tracking; develop sub grant monitoring plans; perform and document compliance visits.
- Prepare contract agreements and amendments for sub-recipients.
- Supervise the finance staff including performance evaluations and revising job descriptions as necessary.
- Develop the capacity of the team and facilitate their professional growth.
- Monitor burn rates, advise on spend projections, and maintain and update the status of obligated funds.
- Prepare budget revisions and projections to respond to the needs of the program, donor requirements, and Save the Children’s management structure.
- Track, report, and ensure proper documentation of match funding, if applicable.
Financial Reporting (20%)
- Prepare and revise finance and operation guidelines to adhere to Save the Children and USAID requirements.
- Prepare quarterly reports, consolidated annual fiscal report, cumulative life of project report, and any other required donor submissions.
- Manage the reporting component of the award including reconciling timesheets with financial reports; oversee administrative duties as needed.
- Track the cost share of the project and advise on its documentation and reporting.
- Submit and follow up on of the status of VAT claims and refunds for both partners and Save the Children.
- Record and report on project assets on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare closeout documentation at project end in compliance with donor regulations.
- Provide monitoring and training to partners’ staff in management of USAID grants and other donor requirements.
- Master’s degree in finance, business studies, accounting or other relevant field; professional qualification in Accounting desired, CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly recommended.
- Minimum of six years of experience managing finances for USAID-funded projects and demonstrated in-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations including 22 CFR 226 and 22 CFR –145, and OMB Circulars A-122 and A-133.
- Proven ability to prepare multi-year budgets, donor financial reports, and USAID audits.
- Strong analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Experience as a coach/mentor to train staff and develop financial skills of colleagues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Expert computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.
Job date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 04:21:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!