Vacancy for the Post: Emergency Preparedness & Response Associate
Job description: Job Context
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Type : Service Contract
- Contract Duration : 6 Months (with possibility of extension)
- Duty Station : Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh
- Nationality : Bangladeshi only
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Reporting to the Head of EPR, the EPR Associate will provide support with the overall implementation of the EPR 2020 strategy. Specific tasks include:
- Support the EPR Officer with the implementation of the EPRP package, including handling Minimum Preparedness Actions (MPAs) across functional units, drafting and reviewing Advanced Preparedness Actions (APAs), risk mapping, drafting CONOPs, other key EPR documents, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and ensuring key documents are stored in the Emergency Folder;
- Frequently monitor the ongoing programmes and proactively work closely with Units and Sectors to assess preparedness needs and gaps, and follow-up on key actions and recommendations;
- Handle the procurement and dispatch of COVID-19 PPE and masks across all requesting units;
- Maintain and update key information in the Business Continuity Plan and supervise changes in staff to ensure they are reflected in the plan. This includes updating the Critical Staff List once a week;
- Provide writing and logistical support to the organization of capacity-building exercises (SIMEX, table-tops, etc.), including the writing of injects, scenarios, and reports, as well as setting up the venue, collaborating closely with participants, and external partners;
- Facilitate training and capacity-building exercises for WFP Cooperating Partners and Retailers and translate EPR-related documents into Bangla when required;
- Draft PPT slides, diagrams/tables, and one-pagers upon request for presentations and awareness of key projects;
- Develop and/or augment core procedures associated with information management and data readiness during emergencies;
- Assist consolidate the mapping and data expertise across SMEP, Logs Sector, and VAM in one space and shared vision;
- Map the government’s preparedness and response mechanisms across departments and institutions (DC Office, MoDMR, etc.), including focal points, and establish and/or maintain relations with relevant partners where required;
- Participate in different events and workshops as EPR representative and the act of OIC for the EPR team when required;
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as requested by the EPR Officer.
- University degree in one of the following subject areas: social sciences, international affairs, development economics, risk management, English, International Relations, or another related field.
- At least 5 year(s)
- Experience: At least five years of progressive responsible work experience, including at least three years of experience in UN organizations, international and/or national non-governmental organizations, with a focus on humanitarian policy, emergency preparedness and response, risk management, human rights, protection, international law, or any other humanitarian-related field, are required.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal relations and professional communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken skills both in English and Bengali (this includes experience in drafting SOPs, concept notes, one-pagers, and other key documents in English)
- Ability to work and meet goals within tight deadlines and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and show proactivity are needed
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, and ability to think critically
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher to prepare presentations, documents, communications/awareness materials, tables, diagrams, basic visuals of statistics
- Experience in facilitating training and leading group discussions
- Professional familiarity with the Cluster Approach and the international humanitarian response architecture, including coordination mechanisms, humanitarian reform, and funding mechanisms
- Knowledge of humanitarian assistance, emergency preparedness, risk management, civil-military relations, protection, human rights, international law, and other humanitarian policy issues is desirable
- Knowledge of UN system policies and functions of humanitarian assistance-mandated agencies.
Tk. 114638 (Monthly)
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Chittagong
Job date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 02:25:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!