Vacancy for the Post: District Project Officer
Job description: Job Context
- The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) is a not for profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
- CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD`s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
- CDD is implementing a project titled Justice and Prison Reform for Promoting Human Rights and Preventing Corruption in Bangladesh (Community-based dispute resolution for persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups in Chattogram).
- A. Overall Responsibilities:
- Establish coordination, communication & partnership with local and district actors- institutions to create scope to resolve disputes through Restorative Justice (RJ) and refer and divert disputes/ cases to relevant actors and institutions for legal assistance and services as per project target;
- Provide support to vulnerable people to access government services, resources and social safety net programme as per project target;
- Supervise, support and monitor the project activities at community and district level
- Act as mentor for project staff and Restorative Justice Facilitators (RJF) and Community Volunteers (CV);
- Assist in coordination between programme implementation and budget expenditure;
- Ensure to deliver timely different reports and maintain documentation.
- B. Specific tasks includes:
- Lead to prepare work-plan, guidelines and other documents for effective implementation of the project activities to achieve the intended results.
- Monitor and supervise project activities and take necessary corrective measure in collaboration with project staff.
- Coordinate, communicate and maintain close relationship among community level actors, govt institutions, relevant stakeholders and NGOs
- Coordinate and facilitate monthly coordination, progress review meeting and others periodic meeting with project staff and respective PNGOs of the project;
- Assists to organise and facilitate different training, workshop, seminar, meeting with relevant institutions;
- Monitor and follow up Restorative Justice (RJ) meeting (pre, ongoing & post) and provide constructive feedback to Restorative Justice Facilitators (RJF) for strengthening their capacity;
- Coordinate and communicate to organise monthly meeting with District Legal Aid Committee (DLAC) in collaboration with Paralegal Advisory Service and other respective PNGOs;
- Participate and share information in different meetings including Chattogram City Corporation (CCC), workshops and other events where necessary;
- Support to jointly organise legal aid clinic with DLAC and mobilize Resource Persons for providing legal information and legal assistance among the justice seekers and others;
- Support to organise and different day observance at Union, Upazila and District level in collaboration with other PNGOs);
- Provide guidance and other supports to organise courtyard meetings;
- Support to undertake research and advocacy in collaboration with GIZ as and when required;
- Ensure direct support e.g. case filing, treatment cost coverage, shelter support, transportation etc… as per need;
- Visit the project working area as per monthly plan and emergency need;
- Assist to arrange joint field visits with GIZ, government stakeholders and development partners as required;
- Ensuring safeguarding issues at community level and take appropriate measures as per the policy of CDD;
- Prepare contingency plan according to the situation and assumption to mitigate the risk;
- Perform any other additional tasks as and when required.
- Work at office
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- Age 28 to 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Fair understanding on marginalization, diversity, disability and inclusion is highly desired.
- Experience of working with community actors, local and district institutions is desired.
- Having good understanding on the local dispute resolution mechanisms (e.g. village court, salish etc) is desired.
- Prior experience in conducting and facilitating training and workshop and good communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience on supervision, monitoring and reporting will be an added advantage.
- Strong ability to work in a team and lead the team
- Self-starter and supportive to others’ efforts and work
- Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office specially MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point.
- Candidates from Chittagong speaking local dialect is desired.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Chattogram (Chattogram Sadar)
Tk. 34500 – 35000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Prorate basis bonus
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 34500 – 35000 per month
Job date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 04:16:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!