Vacancy for the Post: Director and FCC Controls Operation Lead
Company Name: Standard Chartered
Job description: About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Input to Country operating model design of relevant FC Framework and business processes.
- Ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the Country for necessary FCC controls & oversight.
- Implement the vision, strategy, and direction for the Country FC, consistent with the vision and strategy for FC and in support of the Group’s strategic direction and growth aspirations
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory /law enforcement matters on the relevant business area and operations.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Support resolution of competing requirements between regulations, for example between AML regulations and data privacy/bank secrecy or information security regulations.
- Act as Process Owner for FCC-owned (sub-) processes under the Group’s Risk Management Framework, including implementation and roll-out of relevant processes and DOIs.
- Develop, keep-up-to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate FC Controls policies/procedures/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCControls -related policies and procedures in Country to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
People and Talent
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to direct reports to ensure they are highly engaged and performing to their potential.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
- Ensure Country is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address financial crime risks.
- Ensure staff in Country have clearly articulated and well understood roles and responsibilities through meaningful and accurate job descriptions.
- As applicable to activities managed under FC Controls
- Maintain oversight of risk mitigating action plans.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management
- Ensure that detection scenarios that are developed and deployed are fit-for-purpose.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the Group and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
- Ensure that significant investigations are concluded internally and externally where relevant (including cross-border).
- Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank’s Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
- Define the applicable control standards under the FCC Global Risk Assessment and ORF.
- Ensure that the relevant lists and database as used by the screening systems are up-to-date
- Ensure that detection scenarios that are developed and deployed are fit-for-purpose
- Review and assess existing systems and controls relevant to FCC to ascertain operational performance effectivenes
- Attend relevant leadership meetings.
- Support senior oversight of FC in-Country.
- Ensure tracking and remediation of surveillance and investigations related regulatory findings.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Provide leadership to the FCC network as part of the Group senior FCC management team.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Support all control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Collate, analyse and interpret data in reports to senior management and relevant governance/risk committees.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
- Lead or influence significant programmes of work in support of the financial crime compliance objectives.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Bangladesh CFCC Controls Operations team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance to Bangladesh Financial Intelligence Unit (BFIU) prescribed responsibilities for the Bank as that may be applicable to country CFCC and CFCC Controls Operations.
- Regional Heads of FCC, ASA
- CFCC Case Investigations Lead, Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Coordinator(s) in GBS
- Country Head, CFCC Governance, Bangladesh
- Country Head, CCIB CFCC Advisory, Bangladesh
- Country Head, RB & WM CFCC Advisory, Bangladesh
- Operational Risk, Bangladesh
- Group Internal Audit, Bangladesh
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by Country Head, FCC and Country Head CFCC.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Applicants with Banking Diploma part 1 & 2 are encouraged to apply
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in banking or related industries with at least 3 years in Financial Crime Compliance
- Experience in Compliance, Risk Management or other Control functions will be highly valued
- Minimum graduate from a well reputed university. Professional certification/ degree in AML and Sanctions areas will carry an advantage
- Experience of participating in risk management committees of an organization will be an added advantage
- Strong inter-personal skills, excellent communication skill both in written and oral English and Bangla
- Ability to handle complex situations, ability to make decisions and action accordingly
- High level of organizational skills. Ability to command respect from people
- Ability to prioritize, cope with a wide range of duties and flexibility to deliver within short deadlines
- Project and resource management skills, (including setting budgets to meet objectives and monitoring expenditure)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Job date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 02:42:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!