Vacancy for the Post: Data Lead, Dhaka
Company Name: WhereIsMyTransport
Job description: WhereIsMyTransport is looking for a capable Data Lead in Dhaka to join our global, remote-first business. This position will be integral to leading our data maintenance activities in Dhaka, to ensure the quality and accuracy of our public transport data products and consumer products. This position, while remote, must be primarily based in Dhaka, as the role may entail occasional field work in the city, as well as require meetings with key local stakeholders and training sessions for local Data Collectors.
Overview of activities & responsibilities
In this position you would:
- Be responsible for adapting and executing a localised transport data maintenance strategy for your city.
- Be responsible for the quality and accuracy of our Dhaka dataset.
- Engage with key local stakeholders within the public transport and mobility industry.
- Manage a small team of temporary Data Collectors: leading training sessions, providing continuous feedback on the quality of data contributed, managing payments, and dealing with daily queries from the field.
- Engage with and build a community of local commuters who help contribute to the dataset through updates on changes to the transport network.
- Check for media updates on the transport network to reflect any changes in our dataset.
- Collaborate with a Data Processor to ensure the data correctly reflects the reality of the public transport network in your city.
- Continuously look for better ways of keeping your city’s dataset up-to-date and accurate, for the benefit of commuters.
Experience working as a project manager, or have strong experience with project coordination.
- Experience managing a small team.
- A rich understanding of the workings and operations of the local public transport industry and network in your city.
- Strong mastery of written and spoken English.
- Budget management experience.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Familiarity with Google Suite tools, with particularly good understanding of Google Sheets.
Bonus points if you have:
- Data validation / processing experience.
- Familiarity with geo-spatial relationships and orientation tools (Google Maps, Google Earth, ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.), map and image interpretation.
- Familiarity with transport data formats. Ability to interpret and compare data points.
- Personable, with strong interpersonal skills. You enjoy building relationships with stakeholders of different backgrounds and have a knack for getting the best out of others.
- A strong problem-solver.
- Hands-on: you are happy to get stuck in and do any tasks that need doing, working with a sense of urgency to achieve targets.
- Extremely organised, with an ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Independent and autonomous.
- A strong communicator, both verbally and in writing, who is proactive with communication. You do not wait to be asked questions – you anticipate the questions and provide updates and answers without being asked.
- Computer literate and tech savvy, with an interest in learning new tools.
WhereIsMyTransport is a mobility technology company headquartered in London. We are the leading provider of mobility data and solutions for emerging-market cities in Africa, South and Southeast Asia, Southeast Europe and Latin America – places where decentralised public transport is the norm. Our advanced and efficient data production methodology digitalises information from a city’s complete public transport network, delivering our clients accurate, reliable and comprehensive information. The de facto source of mobility data for the world’s largest low- and middle-income cities, WhereIsMyTransport fills the mobility data gap – and fast.
To be successful, our global team of people must be as diverse as the populations that use public transport in the regions where we work. We must be as inclusive as the mobility solutions we develop for these markets. Celebration of difference is essential as we grow – including race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Apply by submitting your up-to-date English CV.
Job date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 22:31:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!