Vacancy for the Post: Consultant – Development of TB SBCC strategy
Job description: Job Context
- Working title: Consultant
- Employee group (Full time/Part-time/Limited/Casual): Full Time for 5 Month
- Schedule (hours/days):
- Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Job Summary :
- USAID Ujjiban Social and Behavior Change Communication Project (Ujjiban, in short) is a five-year project which aims to generate demand for and increase the use of high quality, maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health (MNCAH), family planning (FP), nutrition and tuberculosis (TB) services and adoption of healthy behaviors in Bangladesh. To achieve this, Ujjiban employs an integrated Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) approach that include increasing quality, exposure and coverage of information and communication on key health behaviors, services, and products using transmedia, with a focus on Chittagong and Sylhet divisions; and strengthening the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare`s (MoHFW`s) SBCC capacity and systems. Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Program (JHU CCP) leads the Ujjiban project.
- USAID Ujjiban project aims to analyze the existing SBCC initiatives on tuberculosis and subsequently develop a comprehensive SBCC strategy for the next five years that addresses behaviors and identified norms which are hindering TB response efforts in Bangladesh. In this regard, JHU CCP wants to hire a consultant.
- Time frame:
- Total working days within the time of May – September 2021.
- Project and background document materials analysis – 1st week (5 days)
- Collection and analysis of information on current and previous TB related SBCC activities – 4 days (second week)
- Organize meeting on strategy development – 2 days
- Training on communication analytical tool (3rd week) – 2 days and subsequently on the job support
- Finalization of strategic plan – 10 days (4- 6 weeks)
- Citizen: Bangladeshi citizen.
- Language Skills: Excellent written and oral skills in Bangla and English.
- Scope of work:
- Review existing social and behavior change communication tools and materials for TB
- Assess and identify the gaps in the existing social and behavior change communication resources and capacity for TB
- Develop a strategic SBCC strategy to address the identified gaps
- Build capacity in analytical tools for communication and developing communication materials for TB
- A comprehensive communication framework for TB (in soft copy) for the next five years (2021 through 2026)
- Report on identified gaps in SBCC communication and capacity for TB
- 20 program planners and implementers trained on communication analytical tool.
- At least 20 year(s)
- Selection criteria:
- Experience in Public Health Sector with specific focus on Tuberculosis
- Have good understanding of the tasks.
- Experiences and willingness to work for health communication and development issues.
- Preferred qualifications:
- 20 years of experience as an academician, professional working in development sector and 5 years’ experience working on TB issues. Proven experience and expertise in development strategy writer, project proposal writer
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Thu, 06 May 2021 03:01:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!