Vacancy for the Post: Communication & Youth Mobilization Coordinator
Company Name: Ipas
Job description: Ipas works globally since 1973 with a mission to enhance ladies and ladies sexual and reproductive well being and rights by way of enhanced entry to and use of abortion and contraceptive care. In Bangladesh we’re working with shut collaboration of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and its directorates since 2011 to enhance availability, entry to and utilization of top of the range SRHR companies notably MR, PAC and FP companies all through the nation and in humanitarian settings.
Ipas Bangladesh begins implementing a mission funded by Global Affairs Canada by way of HealthBridge Foundation in Canada titled ‘Improving Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in Dhaka’ to enhance availability and entry of high quality SRHR companies notably household planning, MR and Post-abortion care (PAC) companies for poor and ultra-poor ladies and adolescents residing city areas of larger Dhaka. The mission may also work to scale back SGBV by creating consciousness amongst metropolis dwellers. To guarantee uninterrupted SRHR companies throughout any public well being emergency together with COVID-19 pandemic, the mission may also work for emergency preparedness and responses. The five-year mission will likely be carried out from now until March 2026 in collaborate with metropolis companies’ well being authorities and their well being packages, DGFP and DGHS, BGMEA and different stakeholders and companions (OGSB, BAPSA, RHSTEP & SERAC Bangladesh).
The Communication & Youth Mobilization Coordinator will play a key function in supporting and guiding companion NGOs for efficient implementation of the SBC technique notably by mobilizing youth and adolescents residing in poor socio-economic areas of larger Dhaka for creating consciousness for zero tolerance on sexual and gender primarily based (SGBV) violence and on availability of SRHR companies, bettering SRHR care searching for and linking group with the SRHR service facilities/suppliers.
The coordinator will help to Sr. Advisor Communication and SBC for the interior and exterior communications for the mission initiative, with a powerful concentrate on managing the group primarily based interventions in addition to social media initiatives and general digital communication as per mission SBC technique and implementation plan.
- Provides help within the design and implementation of Social Behavioral Change (SBC) technique and its implementation pan of the mission.
- Provides help to develop technique and instruments to facilitate youth engagement and group mobilization notably in poor socio-economic context for SRHR points.
- S/he may also intently work with well being system group members and SGBV sr. advisor to include commonplace messages and develop commonplace communication and SBC supplies for the mission
- Conduct mapping of present youth packages on the group degree of the mission areas.
- Support companion group to determine teams of underserved adolescents and particular person youths to take part in SBCC technique growth
- Technical help to companion group for creating the group motion teams (CAG) partaking youths and adolescents and to facilitate to develop youth & adolescent champions on SRHR specifically in slum or poor socio-economic areas supported by the mission
- Technical help and help to companion group and CAG to disseminate commonplace data on MR, PAC, and contraceptive service wants and it’s availability
- Provides technical Support to companion group to kind group motion teams to determine MR, PAC, and contraceptive service wants and bettering SRHR amongst slum dwellers
- Facilitates orientation of the group youth leaders on SGBV and SRHR points
- Provide technical help to companion group to create linkage between group and mission supported personal practitioners to make sure correct utilization of SRHR companies
- Frequent go to of the mission areas notably slum areas and garment industries to observe the progress of the mission implementation as per plan and to facilitate capturing details for adaptive studying.
- Provide help and facilitate research to seize SRHR points and desires of the ladies and ladies residing in deprived scenario by partaking them and capturing their voice and feelings (by way of case research, photo-voice or different methodology)
- Support the commentary of particular days, together with World Population Day, in chosen garment factories and slums.
Internal & External Customers/Suppliers in addition to Third Parties
- The place will likely be reportable to Senior Communication and SBC Advisor, Ipas Bangladesh
- Collaborates with the R&E unit in reference to Monitoring & Evaluation instruments, database administration, and studies
- Coordinate with the well being facilities to hold out group engagement and youth mobilization actions on SRHR
- Participates in inner conferences with the mission group to deal with mission associated points and share classes realized from the sphere, program achievements, new challenges, and future instructions
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders at group degree to advertise partnership and social networking fashions for youth
- Work collaboratively with different mission group members to make sure crucial program planning, growth, useful resource availability and administration actions perform easily and effectively
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s diploma in social science/journalism/communication or in associated subject however grasp’s diploma is most well-liked.
- A minimal of 4+ years of expertise at NGO/CSO in implementing, and evaluating Social Behavior Change (SBC) interventions, together with group engagement and youth mobilization
- Experience in designing, implementing and/or supporting social media marketing campaign and implementing digital communication methods
- Experiences in creating SBC supplies and message notably on SGBV and Reproductive well being rights of the ladies and ladies.
- Working expertise with group staff, youth activists to advertise well being and rights of ladies and ladies together with consciousness creation on ladies’s rights and shallowness.
- Experience in advocacy initiatives or implementation of program on contraceptive care, MR/PAC companies and SGBV points will likely be thought of as an asset
- Experience in training facilitation and robust interpersonal communication talent with the flexibility to speak and negotiate clearly and successfully in any respect ranges.
- Ability to frequent touring to the sphere at the very least 40% for supervision, monitoring, observe up/survey.
- Ability to work as an efficient group participant.
- Computer expertise in MS Word, Excel & PPT, and Bangla typing and enhancing
Salary & Benefit
Ipas Bangladesh will provide an annual wage of BDT 1,130,000 to 1,152,000 and different advantages as per organizational insurance policies. Benefit contains:
- Provident Fund
- Festival Bonus
- Health protection, together with partner
- Life Insurance
Professional growth alternatives
Ipas is strongly dedicated to offering a piece surroundings that’s free from all types of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, make use of, practice, promote, and compensate our personnel with out regard to race, age, intercourse, faith, nationwide origin, colour, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional id, tribal id, marital standing, veteran standing, incapacity, genetic data, gender id, transgender standing, sexual orientation, or another private attribute protected by legislation or outlined by Ipas coverage. Ipas acknowledges that these private traits might differ in numerous contexts.
Expected wage: 1130000 – 1152000 per 12 months
Job date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 01:48:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!