Vacancy for the Post: Cluster Director of Culinary (The Westin Dhaka and Sheraton Dhaka)
Company Name: Sheraton
Job description: Posting Date Jun 23, 2021
Job Number 21064994
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Dhaka, 44 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Bangladesh
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
The Director of Culinary Experiences will define, create and continuously innovate the food strategy for the food and beverage outlet(s) that serve the local community and overnight hotel guests by creating memorable experiences. This Director leads all aspects of the dining experience including culinary team selection and professional development, menu design, vendor and community partnerships, and restaurant ambience. This chef enjoys leading others, yet still enjoys cooking along with the team to inspire and model behaviors. The Director seeks emerging food trends and brings the newest ideas to this dynamic space. This leader oversees the restaurant marketing plan in partnership with the hotel marketing team and effectively drives profitability by maximizing revenue from operations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading a restaurant driven by culinary distinction (e.g., Third Party vendor, MI inspired concept , etc.)
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including making artistic contributions.
- Develops daily and seasonal menu items for the restaurant.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the restaurant.
- Estimates daily restaurant production needs; communicates production needs to key personnel.
- Monitors compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products and correct storage standards.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to promote the meeting of standards.
- Supervises restaurant kitchen operations.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
Building Relationships with a Focus on Creating Exciting and Memorable Guest Experiences
- Demonstrates affinity for building relationships with a focus on creating exciting and memorable guest experiences.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Provides services that promote customer satisfaction and retention.
- Monitors quality and standards in order to meet the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs and providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
Driving Business through Significant Marketing/Public Relations/Media Activities
- Oversees the restaurant marketing plan in partnership with the Hotel/Brand Marketing teams.
- Supports on-site/off-site public relations opportunities to promote the restaurant.
- Contributes to restaurant-related social media posts and public event communications.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for events or culinary-related community activities.
- Participates in local networking activities, which are often off property, in support of the restaurant.
Achieving Financial Goals
- Responsible for Restaurant-specific Profit & Loss.
- Takes an entrepreneurial approach in partnership with the Director of Guest Experience/General Manager to meet financial goals.
- Takes calculated risks to drive business performance and customer experience; demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset
- Understands financial opportunities by surveying culinary trends within their market.
- Drives top line revenue opportunities by being actively involved in the sales process.
- Sets and supports achievement of kitchen goals including performance, budget, team, etc.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource and Talent Management Activities
- Participates in recruiting efforts focused on identifying a talent pipeline; interviews and hires talented team members.
- Prepares monthly labor forecasts and weekly work schedules for all kitchen personnel in accordance with staffing guidelines and forecasted labor costs; adjusts schedules throughout the week to meet business demands.
- Motivates and educates front and back of the house employees through a passionate and engaging personality
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Facilitates employee understanding of expectations and parameters.
- Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
- Challenges others to continuously innovate.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Advocates employee cross-training to support successful daily operations.
- Uses all available on-the-job training tools for employees ; offers continuous learning opportunities
- Participates in training specialty restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes
- Holds front and back of house team accountable for high standards of product knowledge
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Job date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 04:12:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!