Vacancy for the Post: BNNC Technical Coordinator
Company Name: FHI 360
Job description: Position Title: BNNC Technical Coordinator (2)
Reports to: Evidence Utilization Advisor
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is the prime implementer of USAID’s Strengthening Multisectoral Nutrition Programming through Implementation Science Activity, which aims to improve nutritional practices of targeted women, children and their family members. It is an implementation science project to test and refine multisectoral nutrition approaches, interventions and service delivery mechanisms in high stunting areas of Bangladesh, with a focus on pregnant and lactating women, and children under the age of two. FHI 360 will implement this component of the project in Khulna and Barishal districts.
The Technical Coordinator will lead the monitoring activities of selected District Nutrition Coordination Committee (DNCC) and Upazila Nutrition Coordination Committee (UNCC) in Khulna and Barishal districts. S/he will ensure quality implementation and completion of the project according to standard operation procedures, and within the agreed implementation timeline. S/he will be responsible for the overall management and coordination to deliver the project activities at the district and lower levels in a coherent manner from startup through closeout. Under the direction of the Chief of Party, s/he will also act as the focal point for establishing and ensuring monitoring system for DNCC and UNCC as required by the project. Her/his responsibilities include but are not limited to-
- Build relationship with GoB stakeholders (members of the nutrition coordination committees) and ensure effective coordination and management through clear communication, collaboration and problem-solving attitude
- Maintain effective liaison with district, upazila and below level GoB authorities to support coordination committees and share/disseminate project updates on a regular basis
- Provide facilitatation support to district/upzila nutrition coordination committee in monitoring the implementation progress
- Provide facilitatation support in formulating and implementing coordinated nutrition initiatives/plans on the basis of local assets and data
- Provide facilitatation support in analyzing and using the information by the committee
- Support supervisor and project management to identify, document and manage day to day operational challenges, immediately inform his/her supervisor for immediate decision making and adjustment in operational strategies
- Ensure implementation of GESI (Gender Equality and Social Inclusion) strategy in delivering project activities as well as establishing gender sensitive working environment
- Submit monthly and quarterly project reports/updates
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Master’s Degree or its international equivalent in Social Sciences, International Development, Development Studies, Public Health or related field
- Possesses sound interpersonal skills, ability to adapt with changing situations, and gender sensitive work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Bangla and English
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues
- Able to articulate and communicate with stakeholders in a clear, positive and concise manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation to ensure operationalizing an effective monitoring system
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in project management, possessing the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job
- Prior working experience with the government of Bangladesh is required
- Experience in day to day monitoring using digital platform is highly desirable
- Able to effectively prioritizes activities, assess workload and plan for timely accomplishment
Problem Solving & Impact:
In consultation with the Evidence Utilization Advisor
- The Technical Coordinator needs to solve problems and operational constraints of the project by analysing and exploring both internal and external environments and routinely report these to the Evidence Utilization Advisor
- The Technical Coordinator needs to understand and follow protocols and processes for smooth implementation of the activities
- Reports to Evidence Utilization Advisor
- Routine coordination with all employees of the project
- Expected to work well with others; develop and maintain compatibility among project staff and colleagues across projects, and consultants
Technology to be used:
- Personal computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand-held devices as required.
- Approximate 60% to 70%
Typical Physical Demands:
- The position is based at district/upazila level of Khulna/Barishal district
- Typical office environment with frequent field visits using available public/local transport
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Job date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 07:29:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!