Vacancy for the Post: BEmONC Nurse (Teknaf Base)
Job description: Job Context
- About Terre des hommes:
- Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief.
- Following the massive displacement of around 742,000 Rohingya people into Bangladesh, since the end of August 2017, Tdh is implementing an emergency response program to provide relief to the Rohingya refugees and host communities, notably on Child protection, WASH and Health.
- PURPOSE OF POST:
- To provide day-to-day supervision and medical care, training and coaching to the Tdh medical program.
- Application of basic hygiene rules:
- Following the protocol for washing hands with soap and water before and after each health care act; Ensure the use of alcohol based hand-rub gel as per instruction.
- Following the procedure for sorting waste into 3 categories;
- Knowing the procedures in the case of accidental blood exposure
- Knowing the techniques for delivering sterile health care & aseptic technique
- Ensuring the cleanliness of his working environment: regularly cleaning the work place, equipment, work surfaces, etc.
- Ensuring patient cleanliness on arrival and during their hospitalisation
- Shower, soap distribution, mattresses/mats
- Pre-operative preparation (following the protocol) if a patient goes to the theatre
- Following medical prescriptions (delegated role):
- Assisting the doctors during their daily rounds and informing them of the progress of each patient
- Assisting the doctors during certain health care acts if necessary
- Applying the doctor’s therapeutic decisions whilst following health care protocols (posing gastric tubes, urine collectors. etc)
- Ensuring that medical prescriptions are readable, dated and signed
- Respecting the doses and administration times of treatments, checking the expiry dates of medicines:
- For oral treatment; checking the patients has taken it with the liquid indicated (water, milk)
- For local treatment, cleaning the skin before application
- For injected treatment: following dilution instructions, the time required for the medication to pass and the application of asepsis rules before the injection
- Explaining what is happening to patients (+/- accompanying persons) and educating them about their illnesses. Explaining the treatment given and providing any advice required – Health Education & family engagement.
- Ticking off and counter-signing treatments given to patients in their files
- Follow up of hospitalised patients:
- Taking patients’ medical parameters (on their arrival and at least once a day)
- Heart and respiratory rate, blood pressure, temperature
- Weight if required
- Listening to patients’ complaints and passing them on to the doctor or other concerned parties
- Knowing how to recognise signs of gravity for the following symptoms:
- Alterations in general state and or/consciousness
- Signs of dehydration
- Vomiting (observe quantity and aspect)
- Carrying out first aid in the case of shock (cardiac massage, recovery position, etc.) and rapidly alerting the medical manager in charge
- Watching over patients with IV drips: checking entry points, the permeability of veins, flow rates and signs of excess hydration
- Watching over patients with tubes (gastric, urine, etc.): position and permeability of the tube, state of the entry/exit points, aspect, etc
- Watching over the food intake of the patients and helping them with meals if necessary
- Organizing health education sessions if necessary
- Maintaining registers and files up to date at all times, entering all pertinent information – counter check that information is correct and report to the expatriate manager.
- Filling out nurse liaison forms during the transfer of a patient and accompany patients in a critical situation when a referral or transfer is needed.
- Perform dressings with sterile technique and support medical staff when complex wound care is needed or a specific procedure.
- Managing written/oral handovers:
- Filling in the handover book, noting everything that happened during the shift and any changes in prescription or patients to be followed up
- Ensuring an oral handover at every team changeover, drawing attention to any notable events during the shift
- Participating in the medical team meeting for exchanging information on the state of the patients
- Participating in departmental meetings
- Managing medicines and departmental material:
- Carrying out stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover
- Noting the daily consumption and placing an order if necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized/recuperating it from sterilisation
- Informing the departmental supervisor of the various needs (materials, medicines, damaged equipment, ruptures in stock or overstock).
- Producing statistics:
- Filling out registers and health files correctly
- Participating in data collection with the departmental manager
- Participate in Training involving the department and specific needs of the unit/ward and if necessary act as a focal point for the nursing and medical team.
- Collaborate with midwives in maternity and work for NVD with the supervision of the medical doctor and maternity supervisor.
- B.Sc or Diploma in Nursing.
- At least 1 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Clinical Experience, Hospital, NGO
- Only females are allowed to apply
- 1-year experience working with adults and pediatric patients;
- Essential: Bengali, English (basic)
- Desirable: Rohingya;
- Competences: Communication skills, humanitarian and empathetic skills, creativity and flexibility, Teamwork capabilities; Organisational skills; Ability to work in stressful situations; General overview of the medical activities in the department.
Cox’s Bazar (Teknaf)
Tk. 65550 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Health Cost Reimbursement
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 65550 per month
Location: Teknaf, Chittagong
Job date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 07:31:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!