Vacancy for the Post: Atlas Administrative Operator
Job description: Job Context
- HI has been working in Bangladesh since 1997, with a focus on creating sustainable changes in terms of ensuring the rights and inclusion of people with disabilities in society. HI is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict, and disaster throughout Bangladesh. With projects in different districts of the country, HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and local humanitarian actors in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions, promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights, and provide sustainability in its action. As one of the key organizations in the disability sector, HI has a wide range of projects which assist to promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities and their issues in emergency and development contexts, build capacities of local stakeholders, and reduce the impact of natural and human-made disasters. Particularly in Cox`s Bazar district, HI is providing services in rehabilitation, MH/PSS, SRH, protection and inclusive education with an inclusion mainstreaming approach to refugees and host population affected by the forcibly displaced undocumented Myanmar nationals. HI`s multi-sectoral mobile units (MU) and static approach are currently working in 15 camps located in both Teknaf and Ukhiya Upazilas and surrounding host areas providing comprehensive services in physical rehabilitation, primary health care, protection, and MH/PSS.
- HI is currently implementing development and humanitarian response project in Kurigram, Sitakindu, and Cox`s Bazar district through 4 project offices (Kurigram, Sitakundu, Ukhiya, and Teknaf) and 2 coordination offices( Dhaka and Cox Bazar).
- Operational Thematic: Livelihood, Health and Rehabilitation, Protection, Inclusion, Education and Atlas Logistic
- Number of staffs: Around 292 National staff and 08 international staff
- HI is currently looking for an Atlas Administrative Operator for its Atlas Logistique project. The Atlas Administrative Operator will support the Senior Supply Officer in the administrative and compliance implementation of transport service.
- Job Location: Ukhiya
- Line Manager: Senior Supply Officer
- Type of Contract: Fixed-term
- Duration of the Contract: As early as possible to 30 June 2022 with the possibility of extension.
- ***The position is contingent upon confirmation of funding.
- Specific Objectives:
- Support the Supply Senior Officer in the administrative and compliance implementation of transport service.
- Archive all the purchase files and keep the folder up to date and clean. Archiving and maintaining the different files in order (soft and hard copy).
- Preparing the document for the payment of the suppliers and daily workers (Collecting, recording, and updating the attendance sheet from the field).
- Ensuring the good accountability of process documents and ensuring the accuracy of information.
- Collecting all the official documentation that allows ATLAS to use the company as a supplier.
- Have the loan documents completed by the carriers/conveyors and ensure their return.
- Checking the validity of these documents.
- Active search for new carriers with whom the Logistics Platform could work.
- Supports the Supply Senior Officer in the quotations renewal and the collection of new quotations from validated carriers.
- Having a good knowledge of the transport system and market (compliance with federal, provincial, and territorial laws).
- Participating in regular meetings organized with carriers.
- Participating in conveying a professional and cordial image to partners and carriers.
- Ensuring the data collection and the proper entry in the different databases in terms of transport in the absence of the Supply Senior officer (Excel).
- Ensuring the collection of proof of payment for transport suppliers.
- Work at office
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration diploma / Masters’s degree in Business Administration.
- Educational qualification can be flexible if the candidate has at least 01-02 years of experience in transportation.
- At least 1 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
NGO, Development Agency
- Age at least 25 years
- Good knowledge of Excel (will be tested)
- At least 01 years experience in transport management.
- At least 01 year of experience in administration or data entry (NGO or private company).
- Qualification/good knowledge of commercial law.
- Ability to communicate in English, Chittagonian, and Bengali.
- Previous experience in transport management is an asset.
- Experience with an international NGO is a plus.
- Good translation and explanation skills.
- Very good knowledge of the federal, provincial, and territorial laws.
- Ability to prioritize, strong organizational skills.
- The real motivation for working in the humanitarian sector.
- Autonomy and ability to work as part of a team.
- Pack Offices.
- Negotiation skills.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Tk. 38836 – 41460 (Monthly)
- Hardship Allowance will be added in addition to working in Cox`s Bazar District.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 38836 – 41460 per month
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 04:01:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!