Vacancy for the Post: Associate Professor
Job description: Job Context
- Associate Professor ( Medicine, Surgery, Gynae & Obs, Neurosurgery, Urology, Pediatric)
- The Associate Professor`s responsibilities include teaching a number of classes and seminars, attending conferences, conducting research, and supervising students. He/She able to collaborate with colleagues, advise teaching assistants, and tackle several administrative tasks, excellent management knowledge, networking skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships with both students and colleagues.
- To perform all such duties under the Statutory provisions of Medical College / Directorate of Medical Education / Department of Health and Family Welfare, Medical Services and Public Health including acts related to allied specialties as to obtain & maintain the affiliation of the College and the attached Teaching Hospital.
- To perform all such duties to ensure continued improvement in the quality of Medical Education & Research.
- Teaching & training Undergraduate (MBBS) Medical students including Interns/
- Postgraduate Medical students so as to achieve the Educational Objectives i.e. to develop their knowledge, skills & attitude.
- To do periodic evaluation / assessment of Undergraduate (MBBS) / Postgraduate Medical students by conducting their internal (College) examinations.
- To maintain attendance & academic (including Internship) record of individual medical student for the minimum period as stipulated by The Medical College
- To work on the College Council , Undergraduate & Postgraduate Academic Committees , Medical Education Teaching Technology Cell , Library Committee of the College and to organize / participate in teaching programmers like Lectures / Tutorials/Group Discussions-Ward Clinics-Demonstrations/Practical’s and other academic activities like Seminars / Symposia / Panel Discussions / Workshops / Guest Lectures / Conferences / Continuing Medical Education Programmes etc. and to maintain a Departmental Library for medical students as well as teaching staff.
- To conduct Research Projects – clinical research , clinical trials of drugs etc. and contribute to medical knowledge by scientific paper publications in indexed journals & their presentation at various local / state / international Conferences.
- To work on various Research-related Committees like Ethics Committee , Research Society of the College.
- To perform all such duties to ensure continued enhancement in the quality of patient care through efficient Health care delivery system.
- To maintain records / reports of Medical Statistics concerning the Dept. and to provide the same as and when required by the Administration.
- To suggest / recommend use of certain managerial tools / techniques / skills toupgrade the quality of patient care.
- Supervise the Work of Assistant Professors, Senior Residents, Tutors, Students
- To take classes in Out patient Clinics as well as during Ward Rounds while carrying out Patient Management
- To make Daily Rounds of all the cases admitted under his / her unit and give instructions to the Staff Nurses and Paramedical Workers
- Work at office
- BMDC & PSC
- Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University,Chittagong Medical University,Rajshahi Medical University students will get preference
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age 35 to 55 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Medical allowance
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Location: Gulshan, Dhaka
Job date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 03:25:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!