Vacancy for the Post: Advisor – Social and Behavior Change Communication
Job description: Job Context
- This position is subject to project award and funding
- Position Title: Advisor – Social and Behavior Change Communication under USAID Community Nutrition and Health Activity
- Location: CARE Bangladesh Dhaka Office
- Duration: Duration of the Contract will be for Five (05) years
- Responsibilities and Tasks:
- She/He will provide technical leadership to develop and implement health and nutrition communication and SBCC strategies for the program, Nutrition improvement interventions in all phases from formative research, through design, media and materials production, community mobilization and evaluation.
- Responsible for sharing best practices in their field of expertise and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
- Provides leadership through a coordinated, shared vision among partners, key stakeholders, and the Government of Bangladesh to improve household nutrition and health behaviors by developing appropriate communication materials.
- Completes detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, and delivers quarterly reports and all other reporting requirements.
- Lead to develop or review technical resource materials e.g., training materials, SBCC plans, strategy documents, job aids, visual and programming tools to support meeting Project objectives. Conduct formative research for messages and materials development
- Maintaining liaison and provide technical support to BNNC and NNS at all levels and implementing partners, and support documentation of such activities
- Work with consortium partners to design communication and messaging content. Strengthen capacities of government and development partners to develop and manage nutrition communication activities.
- Mentor and supervise direct report/s, including the program’s technical leads.
- Master’s degree in Mass Communication and Journalism, Social Science, Public Health, Nutrition, and/or related field.
- At least 8 year(s)
- Minimum of 8 years of recent and experience working in food and nutrition security.
- Experience with two or more of the following: Health, Food and Nutrition security, Multi-sectoral approach for nutrition outcome, or community resilience, gender equity and diversity, and social accountability and nutrition governance.
- Knowledge and experience in health and nutrition education and Social Behavior Change Communication, with significant working experience in Bangladesh is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of leadership and management of relevant projects.
- Well experience in developing and implementing a behavioral change communication strategy, focusing on creating demand for community and facility-based health and nutrition services.
- Experience in designing and implementing at least two (Food and Nutrition security, RH/FP, MNCH, and WASH) projects that include a strong behavior change communication component.
- Guiding and providing technical assistance to project/host country government staffs working on Social Behavior Change Communications projects.
- Experience in developing behavior change communication tools and materials.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition projects and operational research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Prior experience of USAID funded-programs are as additional advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken Bangla and English.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Job date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 05:05:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!