Vacancy for the Post: Accessibility Officer
Job description: Job Context
- HI has been working in Bangladesh since 1997, with a focus on creating sustainable changes in terms of ensuring the rights and inclusion of people with disabilities in society. HI is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict, and disaster throughout Bangladesh. With projects in different districts of the country, HI works not only with people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations, but also with their families, their communities, and local humanitarian actors to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions, promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights, and provide sustainability in its action. As one of the key organizations in the disability sector, HI has a wide range of projects which assist to promote the inclusion of persons with disabilities and their issues in emergency and development contexts, build capacities of local stakeholders, and reduce the impact of natural and human-made disasters. Particularly in Cox`s Bazar district, HI is providing services in rehabilitation, MH/PSS, SRH, protection and inclusive education with an inclusion mainstreaming approach to refugees and host population affected by the forcibly displaced undocumented Myanmar nationals. HI`s multi-sectoral mobile units (MU) and static approach are currently working in 15 camps located in both Teknaf and Ukhiya Upazilas and surrounding host areas providing comprehensive services in physical rehabilitation, primary health care, protection, and MH/PSS.
- HI is currently implementing development and humanitarian response project in Kurigram, Sitakindu, and Cox`s Bazar district through 4 project offices (Kurigram, Sitakundu, Ukhiya, and Teknaf) and 2 coordination offices( Dhaka and Cox Bazar).
- Operational Thematic: Livelihood, Health and Rehabilitation, Protection, Inclusion, Education and Atlas Logistic
- Number of staffs: Around 283 National staff and 9 international staff
- HI is currently looking for an Accessibility Officer under the “Inclusive specialized services for vulnerable persons including persons with disabilities in Cox`s Bazar Rohingya camps and host communities” funded by BPRM. The Accessibility Officer will implement all requested accessibility and construction works, ensuring they meet required quality standards and are in line with the Project Activity Plan, HI`s accessibility guideline, and Bangladesh building code instructions.
- Job Location: Ukhiya under Cox`s Bazar district
- Line Manager: Project Manager
- Type of Contract: Fixed-term
- Duration of the Contract: From as early as possible to 31 August 2022 with the possibility of an extension
- Objective 1: Implementation of project-related construction and accessibility work and activities
- Identify, in coordination with the Accessibility advisor and Project Managers, the most suitable area where to conduct construction/accessibility work.
- Coordinate and conduct all necessary meetings with relevant stakeholders before and during sites assessments.
- Conduct initial detailed assessments of pre-identified / selected sites (office, external stakeholder facility, individual household facility) for proper planning of site development.
- Prepare drawing of works to be conducted at assessed sites including accessibility features.
- Fill in Procurement Service Requests (PSR) with all necessary details and specifications and coordinate with the HI logistics/procurement team.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the logistics department to identify relevant service providers who will conduct and implement construction/accessibility work.
- Check and approve procured materials before delivery to the site for implementation of the work.
- Plan for proper storage of procured materials, in consultation with logistics team.
- Provide technical guidance to daily workers to ensure the accessibility/construction work is implemented following the plans, construction materials are used appropriately, and deadlines are respected.
- Need basis Support Project Manager and General Service HI Camp Office Maintenance Work.
- Objective 2: Capacity building, teamwork, and representation
- Conduct training/orientation on accessibility features, throughout the planning and implementation phases of construction and accessibility work, for identified service providers, to ensure they can easily implement construction work and incorporate required accessibility features.
- Capacity building of Project Staff about accessibility
- Hire qualified daily workers/supervisors and provide proper orientation on construction/accessibility work.
- Inform relevant stakeholders / local authorities to ensure they are aware of HI accessibility work.
- Represent HI and advocate external stakeholders to ensure they include and maintain accessibility features in various construction works undertaken.
- Ensure proper visibility of HI concerning accessibility construction work conducted.
- Objective 3: Documentation, Monitoring and Evaluation and reporting
- Closely monitor the implementation of each activity.
- Provide regular feedback, verbally and via email, to the Project Manager on the progress of the work.
- Keep proper records and document the work undertaken, including photos/videos taken at each stage of the work (before, during, and after construction).
- Regularly participate in relevant coordination meetings.
- Work at office
- Diploma in Civil Engineering from any reputed Institute/University
- At least 2 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
NGO, Development Agency
- Age at least 25 years
- Minimum 02 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with NGO’s in emergency work is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead groups
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Motivation and strong team spirit
- Proven organizational and planning skills
- Ability to speak, read and write in English a plus
- Experience of working in a remote community setting is an advantage
- Have the capacity to maintain close relationships with partners, stakeholders, and Beneficiaries
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Cox’s Bazar (Ukhia)
- Tk. 55654 – 58993 (Monthly)
- Hardship Allowance will be added in addition to working in Cox`s Bazar District.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Tour allowance, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Expected salary: 55654 – 58993 per month
Location: Ukhia, Chittagong
Job date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 05:32:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!