Vacancy for the Post: A DEPUTY COUNTRY DIRECTOR SUPPORT
Company Name: Action contre la Faim
Job description: Votre environnement de travail
Action Against Hunger began working in Bangladesh since 2007 following the floods in Shariatpur and cyclone Sidr. Since then Action Against Hunger has been working to fight against hunger, malnutrition and responding to humanitarian crisis in Bangladesh.
The current volume of human resourse is about 800 national and 15 international employees; but mission is currently developing the new Organisational chart so final number can be modified.
Votre poste et vos responsabilités
Under the supervision of the country director, your main objective will be to ensure the overall management of the Heads of Support Departments (HR, Logistic and Finance) and provide support to the Country Director.
More specifically, your responsibilites will be to:
- Coordinate support departments’ strategy and ensure operational management of all support areas:
- Represent and liaise on behalf of Support Departments with donors, authorities, UN, NGOs
- Provide inputs on the HR, Finance and Logistic Constraints and opportunities
- Supervise and manageall direct reports (Heads of HR, Finance and Logistic departments)
- Ensure that HR, Finance and Logistic guidelines are respected in relation with relevant Heads of Departments
- Oversee hosting contract with Start Fund Bangladesh
- Proactively support ACFs commitments to gender equality, child protection and disability sensitivity
- MS Degree in Logistics, Finance or Business Management or equivalent
- 2+ years of proven work experience in similar roles, and 6+ years of INGOs or similar organizations / agency experience
- Experience working in systems development and managing human resources, Finance and logistics functions;
- Experience in implementation Shared Cost Methodology
- Knowledge and experience of working in more than one developing countries (experience in Asia desirable).
- Advanced understanding of humanitarian principles and the humanitarian architecture;
- Knowledge of organizational systems and change management;
- Demonstrable understanding of the context and challenges in Bangladesh;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in sensitive cultural environments;
- Excellent command of oral and written English, including writing reports;
- High flexibility, mobility and willingness to travel regular to Cox’s Bazar and other areas in Bangladesh.
Vos conditions d’emploi
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 2735€ to 3185€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 532€ net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 150€
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
Pourquoi nous rejoindre ?
The Deputy Country Director will play a critical role at the national level in mission human resourse restructoring process as well as in implementation of shared costs methodology, development of new mission safety & security plan, improving coordination and communication among the departments and bases. Therefore we are looking for person with extremely developed diplomacy, passionate and adherent to ACF standards.
© Sébastien Duijndam pour Action contre la Faim
Job date: Thu, 13 May 2021 01:32:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!